Soulful Detroit » SoulfulDetroit Club House » Harry Reid Statement « Previous Next »

Top of pageBottom of page

stephanie (stephanie)
6-Zenith
Username: stephanie

Post Number: 2128
Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.politico.com/news/s tories/0110/31363.html

This really disturbs me.

jonc (jonc)
5-Doyen
Username: jonc

Post Number: 240
Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm a die hard Democrat but Harry Reid should be raked over the coals for his bigoted choice of words. His ignorant remarks are very telling IMHO.

If a Republican (and God knows they are hardly the party of civil rights) had said this we'd be asking for blood.

Michael Steele insulted American Indians a week or so ago with his "injun" comment on the Sean KKKlannity show. No surprise KKKlannity didn't seem bother or phased by Steele's insulting words.

Both parties need to be held accountable when they make racial, sexist or homophobic slurs.

douglasm (douglasm)
6-Zenith
Username: douglasm

Post Number: 3211
Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why?

The one thing I haven't heard in this whole discussion yet is who Reid was making the comment to.

As political analysis, Reid's statement is pretty much on the mark. But one of the problems with "the truth" is that you don't say it in public, and I am under the impression that Reid did not since it didn't come out during the campaign but waited for a "tell all" post election wrap-up book.

I was listening to Keli Goff on NPR's "Talk Of The Nation" this morning and I think she did a good job of putting the whole thing into perspective. Her conversation pretty much mirrored her Huffington Post article. I think it's a good take on what should be a non-issue. Read it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ keli-goff/harry-reids-negro-pr oblem_b_417870.html

stephanie (stephanie)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2129
Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Douglas M you hit the nail on the head. I UNDERSTOOD what he was saying but holding this type of public position I was shocked he would be that DUMB to voice it in public. I am an African American woman and when things are said about us or even other minorities or caucasians one must be careful how they choose their words. Even if you think it you dont say it because it can influence many. That is why movie stars and people in the public eye are paid so much for endorsements these companies (and politicians) know who is influential and who is not. A lot of people who make certain statements are not racist. I remember when Michael Steele was asked about getting blacks into the Republican party and he said I will have the fried chicken and greens ready...people who didnt see the WHOLE clip were not aware of the fact that before he said that someone else said "I will have the chitterlings or potato salad or something to that tune". Many are not racist and are accused of being so. I know Joe Biden can make some gaffes but this is certainly going to raise some questions. Poor President Obama he has people coming at him on both sides. What Reid said bothers me but I wasnt there and Im tired of blacks having to prove themselves every minute of the day.

douglasm (douglasm)
6-Zenith
Username: douglasm

Post Number: 3212
Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah, but Reid didn't voice it in public. The only way it became public was when it was printed in the book. I'm not saying that what he said was poorly worded, it was, BUT it was not a public statement. I would hate to have some private conversations between Dora and I about some people in city government become public. It would be an absolute mess.

jonc (jonc)
5-Doyen

Post Number: 241
Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Private conversations by public officials NEVER remain private. Reid show know this.

jonc (jonc)
5-Doyen

Post Number: 243
Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And Limbaugh should be banned from radio for his latest racial slur.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2010/01/11/rush-limbaugh-says- ted-ke_n_419127.html

stephanie (stephanie)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2130
Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When it comes to Rush Limberger I used to let the sweat roll of off my face when it came to his statements but when he said that Michael J Fox didnt take his medicine because he wanted to appear symptomatic when he was talking to congress about "stem cell" research that was it. He says some things (entertainment I know) that are the lowest cheap pot shots that I have ever heard. I have no respect for him but I am glad that he is not in bad health.

jonc (jonc)
5-Doyen

Post Number: 245
Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To be perfectly honest I really couldn't care less if Limbaugh is in great health or on life support. The man does nothing to appeal to my human kindness.

IMHO.....Rush Limbaugh is in the same garbage pile as Ann Coulter and Sean KKKlannity. They have absolutely no redeeming qualities.

marxthespot (marxthespot)
6-Zenith
Username: marxthespot

Post Number: 2905
Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harry Reid certainly showed his ignorance by his choice of words, and we all know that Rush Limbaugh is a POS (piece of sh*t)....What I find truly laughable is that RNC Chairman, Michael Steele, the resident "Uncle Thomas" of the Republican Party, is "outraged" and is calling for Harry Reid's resignation...

Steele used the expression "honest injun" in an interview with Sean Hannity....and said that "My racial slur isn't the same as Harry Reid's...."

stephanie (stephanie)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2132
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 5:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marxthespot when I heard about Harry Reids statement not until I got home from work did I realize it was in a book he had written. The RNC calling for his resignation (especially from Steele) was the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. Its at a point now where the repubs (not all of them) are grabbing at any and everything do try and destroy the party and this is one of them. Congratulations to Sarah Palin for getting a job as a commentator for Fox News I knew she would wind up there in some form or fashion.....LOL

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith
Username: soulster

Post Number: 2467
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harry Reid is an old man, but should have known better about his choice of words.

His comment really don't bother me, nor does his use of the word "negro". Still, he should have known better. What does stick in my craw is the last bit "...and lacks “Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.".

But, you know, he did echo how an awful lot of Americans feel, even some Black ones.

Still I excuse Reid for his comments because of his record, and knowing that bigotry is not in his heart. The only people trying to make it into politics are the republicans who would love to take his seat in November.

As far as i'm concerned, this is a dead issue.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2468
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And, when did the word "negro" become a racial slur? It's not exactly what Blacks want to be called, we didn't choose it, but even the NAACP hasn't changed their name.

Lynn Bruce (lynn_bruce)
6-Zenith
Username: lynn_bruce

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I first heard what he said I thought what a dumb thing to say in this day and age. Now after thinking about it for a few days,I'm giving him a little more slack because of his age. I'm very close to his age but know enough to not say Negro anymore since it's a put down to a Black person coming from a White guy.But I still know a lot of people my age still say colored instead of Black or African American. It's not cool but it's what they feel is polite.

I think he was stating what he thought from a political angle rather than what was politically correct,plain and simple.

As far as a Black dialect. Why does this offend Black people?I grew up in Inkster Michigan(A mostly Black city).As a small child growing up with a lot of Black and White friends,I can state that there is a Black dialect. You all know it as well as I do.
I can also tell if someone grew up in a Polish speaking family. A lot of times if they aren't thinking about pronunciation they say tree instead of three.
I carpooled to work every day with five Black guys and they all talked different (myself included from growing up in a Black neighborhood)) than they did when we got to work. At work we switched to a more white-bread enunciation. Most of you can tell a good percent of the time when talking on the phone if a person is Black or White just by the way certain words are pronounced.
A person called my Father a few years ago asking for someone with his name. The person said she was Black and that my Father sounded White so it couldn't be the person she was looking for. It's nothing to get excited about but this is how it is.

As far as Harry Reid, I think he's going to be history after the next election. Even though he said nothing that was horribly bad,it shows how far behind the times he is with his terminology and what is considered offensive to Black people anymore.
If he's that behind the times about terminology what else is this government leader behind the times about about?

Skool dem (skooldem1)
6-Zenith
Username: skooldem1

Post Number: 3065
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its amazing to me the things some fellow democrats choose to defend.

Soulster- you asked when did "negro become a racial slur"?

My question to you and all others defending Reid.

How many of you were offended by Limbaugh's Barack the Magic NEGRO parody?

Lynn Bruce (lynn_bruce)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's about the worst race-baiter I've ever heard on the radio. Have you ever heard him imitate Rev. Al Sharpton?

I don't think at this stage anyone can defend Reid except by saying he's old and that's how older White guys used to talk. The thing is how come he still talks this way in this day and age? This makes me wonder about him.

ladyvanaye (ladyvanaye)
6-Zenith
Username: ladyvanaye

Post Number: 7095
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once upon a time in a land called 'Soulful Detroit'...hmmm... about a year ago...a resident of the town stated to the other citizens of this land in a thread of interest that 'the one reason why Obama is so widely accepted by White folk is because...(drum roll...) HE IS LIGHT SKINNED - as compared. What do I mean by this? Well if he looked like Yaphet Kotto and sounded like Bill Cosby - do you think he would be POTUS? No. Quit playing! Not to take from either of those men who have unique qualities in their own right including intelligence to boot - but their looks and their 'swagger' if you will would straight scare the HELL out of some white folk.
Mr Reid spoke for a majority who form opinions like this and feel this way, for real. Obama is a 'safe negro!' If it has white in it, its excusable and always 'alright'. He went to acceptable schools too. If he went to Howard or supported HBSU's do you even think....? Come on! His midstream values is what makes him ok, not having an opinion about this subject matter other than the 'book is closed' is just cowardice to me. He could have a voice right now for a few folks who have dealt with this for YEARS beyond his...and currently existing! The 'on to the business at hand' always gets interrupted by something real. He should deal with this. Terminate Reid. Do it now and let the scar be with him.

I wonder how White folk would feel if browner skin folk ran around saying 'He a safe white person to deal with because he looks like that Jesus painting and his demeanor is calm and he speaks biblical'....well that is a trick too because is Jesus 'white'? A whole OTHER discussion....But I don't think some whites would even be offended since that statement would go in their favor anyhow...we have been taught to accept and believe the latter and the image of that 'Jesus' is embedded in our heads like Rodney King getting his @$$ molly whopped on that video tape.

When I last checked some White were 'talking like us, trying to look like us, altering body part like us, making music like us, eating like us...you freakin' name it. So the POTUS has swagger - and the way he presents it is acceptable because it is 'balanced'. Well - try and take that WALK away from him. THAT IS BLACK FOR SURE!

@ Skool Dem - I never saw that RL parody. Thank the LORD I did not.

And, Blagovich (sp) - ' I am more blacker than Obama'. Yeah, and you are whiter than him too, loser.

WHEN DID BEING BLACK AND ALL OF ITS DERIVATIVES BECOME SO CHEAP?!

Id rather be nothing else. THANK YOU!

allenhouse (allenhouse)
6-Zenith
Username: allenhouse

Post Number: 482
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skooldem: Not denying the validity of black dialect; but it all comes down to education. I too am a product of smalltown Michigan, right around the corner from you, in Pontiac. I left after high school late '70s. Though a far cry from what it's become today, I grew up on the east side Pontiac Northern, in a slight majority of black community.

If you spoke with me on the phone today, you most definitely would not know that I am black. That is just to say that your point about knowing someone's race by their conversation doesn't fly, except in sweeping generalities. Whether they are educated or not, yes. But whether or not they are black, not.

allenhouse (allenhouse)
6-Zenith
Username: allenhouse

Post Number: 483
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Skooldem, that was meant for Lynn Bruce.

Lynn Bruce (lynn_bruce)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Allenhouse,I can tell when someone is from the south also. This doesn't mean someone isn't educated and uses poor English. It just means they usually talk like the people they grew up with.
A guitar player I worked with talked with a strong southern accent and I asked him where he grew up. He said he was born and grew up in Detroit and all his neighborhood was from the south including his parents.

My sister in law has dropped her Michigan accent since getting her Doctors degree and living in New England and has adopted an east coast accent. lol We still make fun of her phony accent.

I meant no insult just stating how it is where I grew up.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2470
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skool Dem,

What that pile of human manure Rush Limbaugh said was totally a different context.

Perhaps you haven't been around too many old White people. I don't know. Bit, I work and live with them, and have many of them as personal friends. I've lived with White people all my life in a predominately White community. So they use an out-dated term to describe Black people. As long as their thoughts and minds are in the right place, so what? Joe Biden said something similar a couple of years ago, and it didn't get half as much attention as this statement is getting. I swear, some Black people will find just anything to get outraged about. At least we know the republicans are just using it for political purposes. The people they defend say much, much worse things, and it doesn't even get half the media attention this is getting. Must be an election year.

And, "negro dialect"??? How many people have defended the use of, and even the teaching of "Ebonics"?

Look, this is a non-issue! Find something important to discuss, people!

(Message edited by Soulster on January 12, 2010)

Dr Groove (dr_groove)
6-Zenith
Username: dr_groove

Post Number: 964
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone hear listened to Tom Joyner and his ignorant crew related to whites?

Timmy Funk (timmyfunk)
6-Zenith
Username: timmyfunk

Post Number: 2721
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again, a load of rubbish. I was a faithful Tom Joyner listener, and I can say that I never this man or his crew say anything that can be remotely compared to grossly racist and ignorant comments of Limburger or the Faux KKKlan.

Face it, you couldn't find one liberal disc jockey or TV personality that has lost sponsorship or has gotten into hot water with their views in the way that the personalities on the right have.

They had eight years to spew their racist venom onto the airwaves. It's time for a well earned breath of fresh air.

Skool dem (skooldem1)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 3066
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Timmy come on now man. I listen to Tom Joyner in the morning and they ALWAYS make racist comments about white people.

Timmy Funk (timmyfunk)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2722
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They generally make truthful comments about white folks. Truth may hurt, but...

Again, it proves my point. Obviously the FCC is listening to the TJMS just as they're listening to everyone else. Not once has anyone from that show been in jeopardy of losing their jobs, or losing sponsorship because of anything they've said on the air. Hell, Tom Joyner is collaborating with Chris Matthews of MSNBC for a town hall meeting on racism and the dislike for President Obama.

http://the44diaries.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/msnbc-premieres-hope-and-fear-in-obama%e2%80%99s-america-with-hosts-chris-mathews-and-tom-joyner/

That, plus fronting an organization like Black America web has a tendency to keep folks in line. He is no more confrontational against racism than Michael Baisden.

Do you really think that they could do this with someone from Faux News or with Limberger!? I don't think so....

(Message edited by timmyfunk on January 12, 2010)

Dr Groove (dr_groove)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 965
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Timmy,

Are you for real..?

"They generally make truthful comments about white folks."

That's like saying Watermelon and friggin Chicken, Alligator shoes and Cadillacs..! Come on now dude! For Real? ...besides....Michael Baisden displays more class and doesn't act as ghetto as Tom and covers a wider range of topics unrelated to color.

Dr Groove (dr_groove)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 967
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The reason that Tom Joyner's Morning Show is not in jeapordy is because the listen audience is primarily black and the butt of the jokes are not against them. Hence no call for responsibility. Plus Tom Joyner's audience is not as diverse or as large as Rush or Howard Stern or many main stream offenders.

Timmy Funk (timmyfunk)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2723
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diverse? You've got to be kidding. Rash's audience is comprised mostly of angry white males who will simply never accept the fact that a African-American grabbed the brass ring.

Tom Joyner's show is far from being in jeopardy. 8 million listeners ain't nothing to sneeze at. He's still one of the most respected figures in radio, and I'm not just propping him up because he's a Funkateer (even though that never hurts). His audience is still far more diverse than Rash or KKKlanity. This project with Chris Matthews proves what kind of clout he has in the industry.

jonc (jonc)
5-Doyen

Post Number: 250
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rush Limbaugh's audience is lily white and mostly ignorant.

Dr Groove (dr_groove)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 968
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Timmy,

"Rash's audience is comprised mostly of angry white males who will simply never accept the fact that a African-American grabbed the brass ring"

That's the excuse the many would like to believe. and it's just that...an excuse. Majority of the right conservatives that I know and many more simply don't like the administrations agenda. It has nothing to do with African American. But it's always a handy excuse just like Affirmative Action or Homie Da Clown.

Go back and read my post. I said Tom's show was NOT in Jeapordy. and either is Rush's. The Days of the Don Imus effect is over. Everyone is gonna say their peace regardless of the effect.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2471
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skool,

You mind telling us exactly what racist stuff against White people is said on Tom Joyner's show?

Groove,

Your right-wing conservative buddies wouldn't be so nasty and be pushing so hard if Obama weren't darker-skinned. They only use his "agenda" as a smokescreen for what really bothers them. All I have to do is look at some of those tea-bag parties, the recent disrupted health-care debate, and the countless ignorant bigoted and racists comments from all the right-wing guys and gals over on Fox news and talk radio. And, again, I don't see a single one of your buddies criticizing the radicals.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2472
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, I don't know of a single damn Black person, besides maybe Armstrong Williams, and a couple of other uncle Toms that would sit through one minute of Limbaugh's ignorant, racist rants.

Every last single Rush Limbaugh fan I have ever run into is White.

Timmy Funk (timmyfunk)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2724
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 5:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Again, a load of hogwash. Agenda has nothing to do with the protests against Obama.

So you're telling me that after just going through what most historians have concluded was the worst administration at least since Nixon, the actions of protesters are against this particular administration policies are justified? Yes, the country is bad shape, but it's in bad shape due to an economic meltdown that happened during the watch of the previous administration. Yet, none of these protesters has the guts to bring this fact out during their protests.

If you want to deny the existence of racism in those protests, you go right ahead. I prefer to live in the real world.

And BTW, your post first read that the TJMS was in jeopardy. I looked over it twice.

Timmy Funk (timmyfunk)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2725
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One more note: while channel surfing a few days ago, I thought I'd have some laughs and check out KKKlanity's show, the one where he has a live studio audience. The comments made about Barack Obama were insulting to the intelligence of the average American. One woman actually said that Obama was a registered socialist. Of course she provided no proof of this, but it told me just where certain people stand.

Dr Groove (dr_groove)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 969
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Soulster,

So basically what you are saying is that any Blacks that aren't down with all their Blackness is an uncle tom? Is Barry an Uncle Tom?

Timmy,

"Agenda has nothing to do with the protests against Obama."

Again...For Real? You mean that the entire opposition is based on Barry's being Black? That's not being real. That's using race as an excuse to skirt real issues.Sure there are racist in the mix of things but no where near the majority of his opposition. The opposition is focused on the administration's agenda which is effecting the constitutional rights of Americans and his allegiance and ass kissing to foreign countries which have no positive outcome for our citizens in the long run. They are calling out for accountability. Which is their right.

There must be a glitch computer wise because my post show that it read NOT in Jeopardy. Either way that's what I meant. The race issue is being used as a diversion.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2473
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, that is NOT what I am saying!

Limgaugh has made tons of racist comments throughout his talk show career which is going on some fifteen years now. He's gotten nailed on some of them, but he refuses to talk to anyone outside of the conservative circle because he doesn't want to be called out on most of what he says. His audience doesn't have a clue because they agree with him, or don't even realize the things he says are bad and wrong. They think alike. That's especially bad if it's a Black person hearing that stuff and agreeing with all the nasty racist garbage. You gotta wonder about the mind of a Black man who could allow a bigoted White man to say what ever disparaging thing about his people - his father, his brother, sister, mother, wife, or children. You know that one black guy they have on Fox and Friends show? I see the anger and pain whenever he tries to go up against the panel of smug bullies when they constantly and unfairly bash Obama, and make racial slurs. My bet is that he, or Fox, does not renew his contract when it's up.

And, Timmy, the aearage intelligence level of most of KKKanity's audience is low, or else they would be questioning his mindless rants. Same with Limbaugh, Beck, and all those other clowns. And, did you hear, Fox just hires Sara Palin as a contributer. See? More ignorance at Fox! LOL!

Dr Groove (dr_groove)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 971
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Soulster,

"You gotta wonder about the mind of a Black man who could allow a bigoted White man to say what ever disparaging thing about his people"

Then how should we view Barry's handling of Harry Reid's remark?

Barry is not functioning as a Black Man in a White Man's society purposely. He's not pushing for any Black agenda because it will cost him his position by the individuals responsible for putting him there. He has a WORLD agenda which he has been instructed to push and his administration will accomplish it by dicking with Constitutional rights via preposed bills/laws and foreign involvement. Conservatives know it and are fighting against it.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2475
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What Limbaugh said was far worse than anything Reid said. Why do you refuse to address that?

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2476
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, Bush Jr. had a world agenda that the republicans/conservatives pushed, and you conservatives didn't seem to have a problem with that. tea-baggers? They are suddenly concerned now that a Black...oops...mixed-race man is president, but never said a damn thing when Bushie Jr. was in office until it was time for him to leave office. So, I guess as long as your ideology is in force, you don't care, right?

Dr Groove (dr_groove)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 973
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dude...You need to get past the Black White shit.! Set yourself free.

Timmy Funk (timmyfunk)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2726
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again, you've got to be kidding! You belong to a party so thoroughly racist that it boggles the mind, and they've shown their true colors ever since Obama was elected. Are you as confrontational towards the racists in your party? Probably not.

If you can't see that racism is at the heart of all of these protests, well then I feel real sorry for you.

Plain and simple, anyone who voted for the McCain/Palin campaign put their seal of approval on the way that the last eight years have been run. And if you feel that way, then I feel even more sorry for you.

(Message edited by timmyfunk on January 13, 2010)

Dr Groove (dr_groove)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 974
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dream On..!

Midnite Johnny (jpatpt)
6-Zenith
Username: jpatpt

Post Number: 8035
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Soulster posted: "Also, Bush Jr. had a world agenda that the republicans/conservatives pushed, and you conservatives didn't seem to have a problem with that. tea-baggers? They are suddenly concerned now that a Black...oops...mixed-race man is president, but never said a damn thing when Bushie Jr. was in office until it was time for him to leave office. So, I guess as long as your ideology is in force, you don't care, right?"

Dr Groove responded: "Dude...You need to get past the Black White shit.! Set yourself free.

Dr Groove....too bad you couldn't respond to Soulster's points intelligently rather than blowing him off with that "black white shit" comment. Did you say that because you are blind enough to think it doesn't exist...or because you want to ignore it's existence...or because you had no way to answer him.
And the "Dream On...!"? Pithy! And vacant.

Timmy Funk (timmyfunk)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2727
Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dream On? What a clever retort! Wow!

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2478
Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't have a problem with the white and black shit. I just don't pretend it isn't there.

Groove, it's pretty obvious that you have NO explaination for why your tea-bagger/birther buddies never said so much as a word about the bursting deficit and runaway spending until Barack Obama won the presidency.

Where was all the venomous charges of a socialist agenda when Bill Clinton first tried to do something about health care?

Why do you, or anyone in the conservative camp speak out against these idiots who consistently make blatant and nasty racist comments on Faux news and radio talk shows?

Why do you not speak out against these nut-jobs who think Obama is some sort of socialist, Kenyan radical Muslim wh9o wants to turn us over to Al Queda...unluee you're one of them...

Why does the republican party say nothing about how we descended into a recession under George W. Bush's watch. Why did they keep silent while we were handing our country over the the Chinese?

All you can say is get over the black and white shit or Dream on because there is nothing you can say. you'd rather blame it on a guy who has barely been in office for a year. It took your buddies eight years to get us here, and it's going to take Obama a lot longer to get out out.

(Message edited by Soulster on January 14, 2010)

Dr Groove (dr_groove)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 976
Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The black and white shit comment was for timmy.

You guys never cease to amaze me. Sometimes I just have to sit back and respond with a f@#$ck it attitude or just sit back and laugh. today it's.... :-) You guys get pissed and hot up under the collar ramble a bunch if bullshit about us and we just laugh about you guys.

keep scrambling boys..!

Timmy Funk (timmyfunk)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2731
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 4:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, it's called telling it like it is. Something conservatives like yourself usually can't handle.

Face it: we know how the world would look if the right wing ran it. We witnessed your way of governing for eight years. You ran this country into the ground and it will take another eight years (to say the least) to dig us out of this mess. I refuse to go back to that.

Skool dem (skooldem1)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 3072
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always hear the argument that Bush/republicans took 8 years to mess up this country, but I thought Democrats took over congress/senate at some point. Anyway, Bush is gone, although I'm a dem (seriously considering a switch to independent) why can't we focus on the current administration without always using the past as a crutch or excuse?

Dr Groove (dr_groove)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 984
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Point Skool.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2483
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Groove,

You STILL have not responded to a SINGLE ONE of my questions about why the repubs/conservatives are doing what they do. It's pretty obvious to me that you simply can't.

Tony Russi (tony_russi)
6-Zenith
Username: tony_russi

Post Number: 3816
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It only took Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Bankin Barny Frank, Chris Dodd ect ect two years to ruin our economy.Its always best to vote as an Independent and not be loyal to one party. I'm a registered DEM but am not a socialist. I KNOW the USA is the BEST country the Earth has ever known.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2486
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruin the edconomy? NEWS FLASH!!! THE ECONOMY WAS ALREADY RUINED WHEN THEY CAME IT!!! Shows you just how clueless the republicans/conservatives are. All they know how to do is attack Pelosi/Reid/Obama for the world's woes. perhaps if they'd spent all that energy on constructive was to FIX the problems we face beyond only offering more tax cuts to the wealthy 1% and big business, people would take these guys seriously. Even Alan Greenspan recently conceded that the trickle-down (on) theory was fundamentally flawed because they didn't figure in one little factor: GREED!

Dr Groove (dr_groove)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 989
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Soulster,

I don't always come here to debate with you. Sometimes I come to annoy you because I find your political agenda offensive.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2487
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I find your political agenda and all republicans/conservatives extremely offensive.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 2921
Posted on Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank goodness that as the years pass, the old, tired, ignorant, bigoted, homophobic folks that disguise themselves under labels like "conservatives" and so-called "patriots" will die off to be replaced by generations of new minds that will have been spared having to deal with those old minds' toxicity, negativity, and inhumanity...

Of course, now we know what 'teabaggers" do at those "tea parties."

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2492
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll have to ask those tea-baggers about their uh...X-rated parties the next time one of them get in my face and try to tell me how the racist Kenyan socialist terrorist is trying to ruin the country.LOL!

Robb_K (robb_k)
6-Zenith
Username: robb_k

Post Number: 10241
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reid should have prefaced his comments with the following:

"Unfortunately, The United States of America still has a lot of racist voters, who will not vote for a very dark African American candidate with a typical accent heavy on 'Ebonics'.

However, as you (Barak Obama) have heritage from both European and sub-Saharan African roots, AND your speech in the English language is impeccable, you would be a worthy presidential candidate, with a reasonable chance to win. You could be the first candidate with known African-American heritage to have a chance to become president of The United States. Should you be elected, you could be a catalyst to bring the people of this country closer together than they ever before have been."

But, hindsight is a lot easier to "employ" wisdom, than is foresight.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2494
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reid's comments were made in private.

Timmy Funk (timmyfunk)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2738
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if there is such as thing as 'private conversations', especially if you're a celebrity or public figure. There always seems to be a microphone on somewhere.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 2925
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, Reid's comments were published in his new book....That is what started this discussion in the media..

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: