Soulful DetroitSoulfulDetroit Club House � Cooley High- Actress Cynthia Davis Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of page

Kev-Lo (7273747576)
6-Zenith
Username: 7273747576

Post Number: 3093
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 12:42 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi this is Kev-Lo

I just got though watching this 70's classic which is one of my all time favorites. Whatever happened to Actress Cynthia Davis who played Brenda

splanky (splanky)
6-Zenith
Username: splanky

Post Number: 2853
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 6:50 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She vanished. Disappeared for some reason or another. Never was seen in another movie again. I've always wondered why myself, maybe Michael Shultz who directed the film knows why. This cutie from Car Wash released the year after faired a lot better in Hollywood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cFfmQmoIr-g

Juicefree20 (juicefree20)
6-Zenith
Username: juicefree20

Post Number: 13344
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 10:21 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kev-Lo:

Good question!

Another person whom I've been wondering about is Leon Pinckney.

When I was about 17, my sister had a boyfriend & a friend who used to be actors at the Henry Street Settlement. My girlfriend was the sister of one of them & Leon Pinckney used to come to my sister house for parties.

Leon suggested that I get into voiceovers & gave me a few sides to rehearse with. I still have it to this day. We hung out a few times, but eventually, everyone went their separate ways.

I wonder what became of him. I know that he was doing voiceovers & voices for cartoons, but have no idea of where he ended up.

He was a pretty cool brother & I hope that he & Cynthia are doing well.

Marc taylor (mellow_q)
6-Zenith
Username: mellow_q

Post Number: 496
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 2:04 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice,

According to an interview Lawrence Hilton Jacobs gave in a book awhile back, Leon was supposed to get the part of Preach in "Cooley High." I think he died in an accident quite a while ago, but I'm not sure.

kamasu (kamasu)
6-Zenith
Username: kamasu

Post Number: 7334
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 2:26 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know how reliable this is, but numerous reports say Cynthia Davis, left the entertainment business after her one film, married, had children and was working and living in Atlanta.

But earlier this year, someone claiming to be Cynthia Davis responded to some fans' inquiries on the IMDB saying she was alive and well in Michigan and didn't realize so many people remembered her.

Juicefree20 (juicefree20)
6-Zenith
Username: juicefree20

Post Number: 13349
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 2:38 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marc:

Thanks for that.

Not very long ago, this very topic came up & I was told that Leon was still around somewhere, but I haven't seen a trace of him.

And one thing about Leon & the kind of guy that I remember him to have been, in the age of myspace & Facebook, Leon wouldn't be that hard to find.

Thanks again.

Marc taylor (mellow_q)
6-Zenith
Username: mellow_q

Post Number: 497
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 4:43 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kam, I just saw the IMDB post. Thanks.

By the way, the Atlanta story pertains to "Brenda," not Cynthia Davis.

(Message edited by mellow q on August 19, 2009)

kamasu (kamasu)
6-Zenith
Username: kamasu

Post Number: 7335
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 5:05 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IMDB is sometimes helpful in finding out general information about actors...sometimes they respond to questions/posts themselves.

I had found the
two posts and mentioned both, including the most recent one from Feb. 2999 - supposedly from Davis herself. I didn't notice any follow-up so I didn't know if they were very reliable.

The Michigan angle seems possible. It's not far from Chicago. A lot of the actors in Cooley High remained in Chicago or nearby after the film.

Marv (marv2)
6-Zenith
Username: marv2

Post Number: 2504
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 6:20 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know what happened to her, but she sure was finnneeee!

Nosey (nosey)
6-Zenith
Username: nosey

Post Number: 2604
Posted on Thursday, August 20, 2009 - 8:46 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our own MOM may not like this but the character in the movie who turns the party out because his girlfriend was slow dancing with Cochise?.......reminds me of MOM and his demeanor back in the gang war days in Philly! He kept a perpetual scowl on his face and NOBODY messed with him! MOM if you're reading this, sorry but that's my perception.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: