The Lost Synagogues of Detroit » 1ST HEBREW CONGREGATION OF DELRAY

Lowell (admin)
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 94
Posted From: 66.167.211.77
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 3:16 pm

Tell us about this site! To add your memories simply scroll to the bottom where you will find the "Add Your Message Here" posting box. Write your message, put any name you wish in the username box and click Preview/Post Message. [No password needed]

(Unregistered Guest)
Permitted by Moderator
Posted From: 64.12.117.14
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 1:03 am

My step father lived next door years and years ago-He said his family was asked to "kinda look out" for it.I wonder about the congregation, what happened to the members and where they went and when-Nobody knows. There were many Hungarian Jews who owned shops on Jefferson,once called River Road...

(Message approved by admin)

CyberSeeker (Unregistered Guest)
Permitted by Moderator
Posted From: 24.236.151.95
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 11:36 pm

I am the webmaster and creator of a website whose sole mission to pay tribute to the lives and memories of the people who once called Old Delray(a suburb of Detroit) home. This is just one grandson's way of paying tribute to the memory and lives of all four of my immigrant grandparents who once called Delray their home.
I wish to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to you to visit my website at www.Old-Delray.com .
If you have family tied to Old Delray I encourage you to contribute your stories memories and photos of life as it was in this once great ethnic community. Any stories photos or material that you can share will be greatly appreciated. I am passionate about preserving the memories of this once great community. I Do this to honor my family's memory and history. Don't let the lives of our loved ones fade away. Tell them to me as you remember them. I hope you can find this historical material valuable.

Richard
Keeper of the Family History

Adele Salle (Unregistered Guest)
Permitted by Moderator
Posted From: 76.220.40.15
Posted on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 11:54 am

My memory of Delray is making regular visits there in the 1940's with my parents to go to a shop which made what can best be described as whipped coffee. It was so delicious and a treat we could not duplicate or find anywhere else. It was worth the drive from Northwest Detroit.