Soulful Detroit » Platinum Threads » Levi Stubbs Funeral - A Pictorial « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 04, 2008Rick B. (bayoumotown30 11-04-08  5:01 pm
Archive through November 10, 2008DrewSchultz88 (drews30 11-10-08  6:54 pm
Archive through November 21, 2008Juicefree20 (juicefr30 11-21-08  4:54 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pageBottom of page

Juicefree20 (juicefree20)
6-Zenith
Username: juicefree20

Post Number: 11780
Posted From: 24.47.225.121
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now for The Celebration Of The Life Of Levi Stubbs

Four Tops lawyer, Judy Tint, Fred Bridges is diagonally behind her

Bishop Charles H. Ellis officiated the services

Bishop Gregory G.M. Ingram lead the congregation in prayer

Followed with a prayer by Minister Nazim Fakir, the son of Duke Fakir

E.J. Johnson of Enchantment blessed us with the uplifting song, "Wind Beneath My Wings"

Acknowledgements were given by Melva Felton

Spyder Turner & The Four Tops looked on as Claudette Robinson read Levi's obituary

Levi's daughter Beverly Meah read a poem dedicated to Levi, that was written by the family as Theo & Ronnie look on in approval

Duke being comforted

Reverend Julius Hope reflected back on the life of Levi Stubbs

Jean Carn paid her respects to Levi, singing the classic "Hero" to each member of the family

Berry Gordy Jr. & Smokey Robinson paid tribute to Levi, sharing their memories about his immense talent & loyalty to both of his families, The Stubbs & The Four Tops

\image[282}

I have to go to a show now, but will resume this when I arrive home, either late tonight or tomorrow.

Spyder Turner (spyder_turner)
6-Zenith
Username: spyder_turner

Post Number: 1287
Posted From: 76.226.61.228
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

okey, what am i doing wrong?
i click on the box that says Your Image Here and nothing happens

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11781
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spyder

That pops up until I finishing loading the pictures, then the thread comes up after it grabs the pictures from my computer.

They're here now.

JayBS (jaybs)
6-Zenith
Username: jaybs

Post Number: 581
Posted From: 91.110.72.176
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice I do hope you have not misunderstood my comments said in Love about DEAR LEVI.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11782
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey John,

At first, I didn't understand your post. After re-reading your response & my message to you, I understand why you ask me this & I want to apologize for giving the appearance of slighting you, as that was certainly not my intent.

I didn't misunderstand anything that you wrote, because I know full well your warm feelings as regards Levi & The Four Tops. You've always been an unwavering supporter of the entire Four Tops family & as I re-read my response, I realize that I got so wrapped up in responding to your post, that I totally forgot to thank you for your positive response to this thread.

Please understand that I meant no slight toward you whatsoever. I was trying to respond to everyone & set up the next series of pictures for posting before I went out & obviously, didn't do such a great job of multi-tasking.

Please accept my sincere apologies for my terrible oversight & know that I appreciate your kind words more than you could ever know.

Thank you John & I'm sure that I speak for The Stubbs Family when I say that we all appreciate your support.

JayBS (jaybs)
6-Zenith
Username: jaybs

Post Number: 582
Posted From: 91.110.72.176
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 3:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No need to apologize Juice, I just did not want to seem as if I had no Respect or did not appreciate your great work expressed in photography, it means so much to so many of us and I am sure the Stubbs Family.

The photo's over even years to come will give great comfort to the Family of the Love so many have and will always have for DEAR LEVI.

Thanks

RTA5225 (rta5225)
4-Laureate
Username: rta5225

Post Number: 71
Posted From: 75.33.33.38
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Juice:

Again, a job VERY well done. Thanks so much. I look forward to the next set.

Renee'

JohnnieSueBridges (johnniesuebridges)
3-Pundit
Username: johnniesuebridges

Post Number: 68
Posted From: 64.12.116.18
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice
As I’m sure you are well aware, photos capture a time and a place that will never return, and being a person that has a great love for humanity, I try to insure their faces and emotions are forever around for others to behold. When photographing our precious legends, trying to do this without becoming intrusive to them is very difficult in many ways. The ruthless poperotsy has made it extremely hard for those of us that genuinely care, by exploiting them. Although I do not sell my photos, I don’t lay blame to photographers that make a living this way, as long as they are respectful of the individual and their families. Many times they are not, and that truly rubs me the wrong way. I have been on the other end of this spectrum, so I know; especially during a place as sacred as a funeral.

I think you were very tactful and respectful while simultaneously not missing one timeless emotion. You and I know that the world wants to view a time and a place that was not possible for them to be, and giving folks that opportunity to be a witness through our labor is a blessing for sure. I love each individual I photograph and treasure each captured moment, as I see you do too. For me, it’s about capturing a time and a place that will never return—for others that were not as blessed as I was to be there.
This time, I could not be there, but I was able to share because you took the time. Thank you again, Juice.
God bless
Johnnie Sue

DrewSchultz88 (drewschultz88)
3-Pundit
Username: drewschultz88

Post Number: 34
Posted From: 195.113.82.194
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice,
I just have to thank you once again for this. So many of us wanted to be there so badly. This means so much to me, and I'm sure to all of us, as did Levi and the Tops' music. Again - Thank you.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11812
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 2:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JBS:

I thank you again for your warm words. I'm just pleased to know that it will be possible for this tribute for Levi to be seen by millions of fans who couldn't be there. I just wish that the audio for the 4 tapes of video that I shot hadn't gone kaput.

Renee:

Thank you! As I have pretty much the next 2 days to my disposal, I can step up the pace quite a bit.

Johnnie:

Thank you for your kind words. Reading your words makes me feel as though I got things right. What you've said, is exactly what I tried to do & thank you for your encouraging words.

Drew:

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that The Stubbs Family shared Levi with us one more time & proud that they afforded me the opportunity to present such a sad occasion, yet a victorious & triumphant life such as Levi's with the world.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11814
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 4:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CELEBRATION OF THE LIFE OF LEVI STUBBS

I did most of my Thanksgiving cooking last night & am finishing up. The ham is cooking & the smell of cloves & macaroni & cheese is all over. As it is now Thanksgiving Day, musically speaking, this is a most fitting day to continue this tribute to Levi. I've cleared my slate for the next 2 days, in order to HOPEFULLY bring this thread to its conclusion.

Though sad about the passing of Levi, I don't believe that Levi would have us be sad. So, while the ham is cooking, I'm going to pick up a cup & say a toast to Levi, The Four Tops & all of that great music that they gave us. I'm also saying a prayer for The Stubbs Family & a prayer for Duke, Ronnie, Theo & Roquel, as they proceed forward in caretaking the legacy of excellence that Levi, Obie, Larry & Duke, have set in stone. May God bless you all.

Let us continue the celebration of this great life!!!

Here is Berry Gordy, which is marked "image 282" above, but not posted

Honorable Martha Reeves & Honorable Joann Watson of the Detroit City Council presented a proclamation that June 6th be declared "Levi Stubbs Day" FOREVER!

Martha then invited all Motown singers, arrangers, producers, writers, etc., to stand before Levi's casket & proceeded to sing a medley of Four Tops hits.

The feeling got so good, that even folks who never sang a note for Motown got up & got their "Levi Praise" on...

Marshall Thompson of The Chi-Lites

Morris Broadnax, writer of "My Cherie Amour"

Ron Banks of The Dramatics

Here's Louvain Demps of the Andantes, surrounded by a few familiar faces

The Stubbs Family looks on as the assemblage salutes Levi in song

Berry, Smokey & Jesse look on

Barbara Jean Johnson representing both the Honorable Jennifer M. Granholm, Governor of Michigan

Kenneth Cockrel Jr., Mayor of Detroit

Rev. Jesse Jackson lauded Levi for his strength of character & loyalty to his family & to The Four Tops.

As he said, it was never about "Levi & The THREE Tops". It was always about the group, words which moved the attendees to rise in unison & give Levi a standing ovation. Now, you'll have to forgive me here, as these pictures are not up to my standards. The spotlight was shining directly in my face as I shot this & no matter what angle I tried to find, I just couldn't escape that light. As the emotions are genuine, I'm posting them anyway & my quest for perfection, be damned.

Long-time Four Tops lawyer, Judith Tint

Minister Nazim Fakir lead us in prayer & also saluted Levi & all of The four Tops, saying that he had the best of all worlds, in that he had 4 fathers who were famous. On the other hand, he also reminded us that if he messed up, he also had 4 fathers who were ready to put him in line. I'm willing to guess that he was a good kid & obviously, as he's now a minister, their counsel must've been quite effective :-)

Theo Peoples remembered Levi with a poem

Duke Fakir spoke about his memories of Levi, covering more than 50 years.

Duke also remembered all of the people who trusted them & helped them when they were kids just starting out. He also saluted Berry Gordy Jr., for being the man who believed in them & really took them to the stars

(Message edited by juicefree20 on November 27, 2008)

oli67 (ollie)
6-Zenith
Username: ollie

Post Number: 863
Posted From: 86.92.117.241
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 5:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great work Juice! What a beloved man he was.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11815
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 5:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oli:

Thank you very much. As I look back at these pictures, I'm reminded of a young lady who was standing next to me as we held prayer in Levi's home.

I was never introduced to her, but I remember how she was sitting & crying silently. I could see that she was a special young lady, in that she was a special needs young lady & my heart went out to her. As I post these pictures, her face comes back to me, as she was one of those whom I was holding hands with in prayer.

I didn't take many pictures inside of Levi's home, as to me, that was a private moment for the family & friends & I wasn't going to intrude by shooting off a flash in their faces. We only took a few pictures of the family & Rev. Jackson, but that was it.

Nevertheless, I wish that I had taken a picture of her, so that perhaps she could've seen it & know that she's a special young lady & may God bless her always. I just wish that I had broken my self-imposed rule, as she really touched my heart, without ever saying a word.

Deb, if you know the young lady whom I'm referring to, please pass along my well-wishes to her & her family.

Thanks again Oli & believe it or not, there's still a lot more to come.

MsJoys (msjoys)
6-Zenith
Username: msjoys

Post Number: 791
Posted From: 66.143.117.207
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 8:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice, you touch my heart! You are such a wonderful blessing to Soulful Detroit!

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11819
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MsJoys:

Thank you for those beautiful words & I'm tremendously flattered that you would say such a nice thing. It's really strange how something seemingly unrelated, can trigger dormant thoughts that you weren't conscious of & bring them to the forefront.

From the day that I arrived in Detroit to today, I've been caught up doing things & thinking about so many things, that I never really reflected back on everything that happened during my visit. It was just a whirlwind. I was trying to understand why suddenly out of the clear blue, I have this reaction. But when I think about it, the answer is quite simple & I understand it completely.

It's so easy to get caught up with the magnitude of why I was there, which was the sad occasion of Levi's passing, that other thoughts get a bit buried. But as I began posting the last set of pictures, I began to think back on everything.

There were so many people in that house, that you just wouldn't believe it. Some were crying & some were laughing as we do whenever we reflect back on the memories of a loved one whom we've lost so suddenly, laughing to try to keep from crying. Anything that will ease the blow & take just a little of the pain off of the finality of it all.

But in that room of people, sat this young lady & having personal experience, I knew right away that she was special. And she just sat in a chair, looking around & crying silently & I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Being there was sad enough, but just looking at her choked me up even more.

When the Pastor asked us to join hands in prayer, I believe that it was one of her family members who was holding my left hand & she was holding my right hand. She was still crying silently & sniffling & every now & then, she'd look up at me & all that I could do was to look down, smile at her & rub her hand as we stood there in prayer.

As I said, I hadn't even thought about that until I posted the last set of pictures. And since then, I haven't been able to get that young lady off of my mind. I just pray that God will watch over her & protect her & I hope that this world which can be so cold & so cruel, will treat her well.

I know that more often that not, I can come across a bit harsh, more than a little opinionated & a bit rough, if I do say so myself & that's being a bit generous. But special people like her, melts away the jaded part of me. The calloused side that often comes out due to the frustrations of dealing with a world that often seems so unfair & so uncaring.

I thank God for people like her because they serve as a reminder to myself that I'm not as tough as I think that I am & that beneath whatever one chooses to call this exterior of mine, that I'm still human, after all.

I guess that when I saw her, my mind flashed back to a kid named Angelo that was in one of the special classes when I was in elementary school. I still remember how some of the "normal" kids would trap Angelo in that staircase & punch him for no reason whatsoever. And to this day, I'm still haunted by the confused & scared look on his face that seemed to be asking "Why are they doing this to me?" & I'll always remember how those kids laughed with glee.

Maybe it hit too close to home for me, but I refused to stand there & watch them do that. I was known to be a kid who wasn't much for talking. There were a few kids that I smacked the hell out of for bothering Angelo. I didn't start fights, but I sure didn't mind trying to finish them.

The thing about it is that he was older & way bigger than all of us. And had it been in his nature, he could've cleaned all of our clocks. Heck, he would've been protecting me. I used to see Angelo sitting alone on his porch while the kids ran up & down the block playing. I always used to wonder what he was thinking & how lonely he seemed to be.

I never saw him with anyone, not even a family member & that was strange to me because we took my sister everywhere we went & whomever my next oldest sister played with, so did my oldest sister. She was never segregated & my mother would never allow anyone to treat her any differently than the rest of us "normal" kids were.

I graduated I.S. school in 1974, 34 years ago & even though I was around Angelo for about a few short years, I can still those kids taunting him, still see him sitting alone on that porch. I can see his face clearly & I haven't seen him in over 30 years. And even today, I find myself wondering whatever happened to him & hoping that somehow, someway, everything's worked out for him & that his family made sure that he was treated well & that he was loved.

Depending upon your point of view, God has either blessed or cursed me with one tremendous memory & I must admit that it's almost like being haunted. I remember most of these kids, can still remember their faces & I haven't seen most of them since the 5th grade. Never was there a truer song written that "Memories Don't Leave Like People Do".

It's just sad to think that people seem to spend more time bringing out the worst in one another, rather than trying to cultivate love, compassion & concern for one another. And it's even sadder to think that many of the cruelest people I have ever known, have been other kids.

I guess this is why I have this reaction. I guess the thought of that young lady, has brought some latent thoughts to mind. Even though I'm sure that this young lady is loved & very well-cared for, I can't help but wonder how she's doing & thinking of her still brings a tear to my eyes.

I believe that she's in good hands & that's of much comfort. I wish that I could say the same for Angelo, wherever he may be.

MsJoys, Thanks again for your kind words.

Lucy (lucy)
6-Zenith
Username: lucy

Post Number: 555
Posted From: 69.206.234.180
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice,

You,My Friend are one Incredible Human Being.

Lucy

RTA5225 (rta5225)
4-Laureate
Username: rta5225

Post Number: 80
Posted From: 75.33.39.43
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Juice, you touch my heart! You are such a wonderful blessing to Soulful Detroit!"

AMEN, MsJoys! He is definitely that. Boy, I well up every time I see these pictures. What a man Levi was. We're lucky to have Juice share them with us. This is VERY time consuming. Thanks again Juice.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11822
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucy & Renee':

Thank you both for your kind words. I'm not everything that I'd like to be, but I'm hoping to get there someday :-)

Thank both of you for your kindness & there's still a bit of a ride to go. I'm going to only post the pictures up to where we exit the church. Being as this is Thanksgiving & the first one without Levi, I want to speak with the family as to ascertain their disposition about posting certain pictures. So, until I speak with Deborah tomorrow, I'll end with the following pictures.

Thanks again ladies & Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11824
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CELEBRATION OF THE LIFE OF LEVI STUBBS

After Duke spoke so eloquently about his long friendship with Levi, Ollie Woodson stepped up to the podium & proceeded to tear the house down with an impassioned performance of "Walk Around Heaven".

William Guest & family

Anthony Hunter of HD Sound, was the soundman & responsible for bringing you the fine audio feed for the broadcast

Cal Street of The Velvelettes

Judge Craig Strong

Four Tops Musical Director & Arranger, George Roundtree & wife, Evelyn

Kim Weston

Al Chisolm of the Contours & wife

Janie Bradford & Pat Cosby

Ollie Woodson

Big Mike

Bishop Charles H. Ellis really closed the proceedings with some testimony, that while humorous, was laced with nothing but the truth!

William Guest gives his condolences to Cliniece & the family

Rev. Jesse Jackson greets The Four Tops & their families

Rev. Jackson & Ollie Woodson with a little "soul" shake

Rev. Jackson with Kelly, Cliniece & Deborah ("Stubby Girl")

Rev. Jackson gets it straight from William Guest & "The Grapevine"

Rev. Charles H. Ellis & Rev. Jackson

City Council Member Martha Reeves holding the proclamation designating June 6th as "Levi Stubbs Day"

The family leaving the church for Levi's final, yet celebratory ride

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11825
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just spoke with Deborah & Kelly, so now this thread will proceed quite rapidly.

Being that it's Thanksgiving, I had misgivings about proceeding to the next section of this thread. I didn't want to post any pictures of the hearse without seeing how the family felt. But Deborah said that she & the family have been talking about this thread & that they realize that there was so much that they missed, which is understandable.

The shock of a loved one passing, can put you into a near-catatonic state. There's so much to do, the phone is always ringing & people are dropping in left & right. It's like walking in a daze, where you see bits & pieces & shadows, but are somewhat detached from it all. I thought about how this must be a very difficult day for them, being the first major holiday that Levi's been gone & we all know how difficult these holidays are for many people.

Surprisingly, they are sounding very upbeat, during what must be a very difficult time. Their perspective is that they're reliving the day & seeing things that they didn't see that day. As such, they want me to post it all. They want to see the pictures of the hearse & of the gravesite. They just want to experience the whole day & see the things that they missed. Additionally, they've been hearing from family & friends who couldn't be there & to them, this thread makes them feel as though they were a part of the day.

So, I will definitely proceed with this thread according to the wishes of the family. They wish to share all of this day with everyone & you've got to admit that it's much easier for people to come here to see everything, rather than for the family to be burdened with sending out a bunch of pictures to everyone who asks them for some.

So, we'll definitely be wrapping up this thread before the weekend is through, as much as possible tonight.

Thank all of you for your warm words & positive thoughts & again, the family is very appreciative of all of the love & beautiful sentiments expressed here for Levi. So, I'll continue to proceed in like manner.

CAPTAIN (captainjames)
4-Laureate
Username: captainjames

Post Number: 167
Posted From: 64.12.116.18
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was truly a celebration of life - Thanks so much for sharing. This could have not been done any better. I was speechless to see how much Levi Jr. looks so much like his dad.

jobeterob (jobeterob)
6-Zenith
Username: jobeterob

Post Number: 4826
Posted From: 70.77.48.239
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow..........we are so fortunate to be part of a forum where something so special is given to us and we are allowed to be a part of such a special event.

Levi was very lucky for the family he had and for his other musical family, including the Motown one.

Thank you so much.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11828
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Captain:

Thank you. This thread is now rapidly coming to its conclusion & I thank you for your kind words.

Rob:

SDF has given us a lot of great moments & info, such as the fantastic webisodes. This has to be the most poignant & significant threads I've ever been involved with & I have to say that a thread this expansive, could only happen here on SDF.

My sincere thanks to Ralph, Lowell, Andrew, all of you here at SDF & of course, a very SPECIAL thanks to The Stubbs Family for making this thread possible.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11829
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ONE CORRECTION!!!

I received a message from Deborah regarding some erroneous information that I posted regarding your mayor.

Before identifying the picture as being Mayor Cockrel, I checked Google in order to confirm. The picture looked different to me, but I figured that perhaps the gentleman whom I misidentified as the Mayor, whom, by the way is bald, perhaps let his hair grow.

So, as no other name was listed in the obituary, I went with the name as named in the obituary. As it turns out, those pictures above are definitely NOT those of your mayor. I don't know the name of the gentleman who was representing the Mayor & I extend my sincere apologies to the both of them.

I also apologize to their wives (if that should apply) should they have visited this thread, only to discover that I had played match-maker & to learn that they were no longer married to whom they thought that they were.

Imagine their surprise about that :-)

Sorry for the error!

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11831
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At this point, we moved outside for the ride to the gravesite. As the hearse & the processional drove away, people began greeting one another as they were en-route to their cars. It seems very inappropriate to me, to post pictures of people laughing & smiling, only to follow that up with the very solemn pictures which would follow.

So, just as with the pictures in the V.I.P. room, rather than to post pictures in a strictly chronological manner, those pictures will follow those which were taken at the grave site.

Also, from this point forward, I will not be taking any guesses as to whom is whom. If I can identify people, I certainly will. If I'm vague about the identity of anyone, I'll simply refrain. Some of these are faces that either I haven't seen for years, or am simply unfamiliar with. Should that prove to be the case, then I apologize in advance.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11832
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CELEBRATION OF THE LIFE OF LEVI STUBBS - One Last Ride

I exited the church & waited to the pallbearers to safely carry Levi out for one last ride through his beloved Detroit. As the pallbearers approached the door, Levi's voice rang out clear & strong, as "I Believe In You & Me" began playing & that, was a very tough moment for all. I have no further commentary here, as the pictures say it all.

From there, we rode to Woodlawn, where we would say our final good-byes to Levi.

LFBall (lfball)
1-Arriviste
Username: lfball

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 205.188.116.18
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! Juice thanks for all you do to keep us posted. You are not just an outstanding Photographer, you are a true music historian and outstanding person. I am so glad Maurice Watts introduced me to you.
Lincoln

JohnnieSueBridges (johnniesuebridges)
4-Laureate
Username: johnniesuebridges

Post Number: 71
Posted From: 69.218.78.150
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, what a photo! God bless her.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11851
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lincoln:

Hey man, it's great to see you here.

Thanks for your kind words & for having me be a part of your show. We had a great time in the Poconos. This week, I'll be posting a thread for the weekend shows in the Poconos.

Man, I hope that the Sessoms group, Voice Distributions & Maurice Watts & Lovezone247 continues to grow. We don't have enough promoters putting on these shows in the Tri-state area & man, we need guys like you to keep this thing moving along!

It's been a blessing to have met you & I look forward to you guys going on to doing bigger & better things! Look out for the thread, coming soon!

Johnnie Sue:

I let her picture sit for awhile, because I think that she looks very regal!

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11855
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SAYING GOOD-BYE TO LEVI

I need not comment here, as the pictures say all that needs to be said.

Levi won't be lonely. He has a buddy waiting for him & I'm sure that he's got a light on in the window & a few jokes to tell.

Good-bye Captain. Yours was a job well-done & may you always Rest In Peace!

Ms. M (ms_m)
6-Zenith
Username: ms_m

Post Number: 8290
Posted From: 68.221.98.225
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Levi won't be lonely. He has a buddy waiting for him & I'm sure that he's got a light on in the window & a few jokes to tell."

I said this before but I'll say it again. You did an outstanding tribute Juice. Thank you!

tallone (tallone)
6-Zenith
Username: tallone

Post Number: 565
Posted From: 65.244.172.10
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 2:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JUICE:
You've made us feel as though we were all there with you. Thats a heck of a talent. Thank you.

MsJoys (msjoys)
6-Zenith
Username: msjoys

Post Number: 795
Posted From: 69.153.205.251
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 6:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice - You're amazing! A job well done my friend! God bless you & the family of Levi Stubbs!

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11863
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ms M:

Thank you very much.

At first I considered not posting Obie's tombstone. But as I thought about it & thought of their long friendship & Obie's passing being still fresh, it seemed like the natural thing to do.

Thanks again for your kind words!

Tallone:

Thank you for those kind words. I just thank everyone for patiently hanging in there with me.

When I think about all of the positive & encouraging responses that this thread has received, well, I feel as though I've accomplished what I set out to do.

Thanks again.

MsJoys:

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your sentiments & indeed, more than me, a great BIG THANKS is due Cliniece & the entire Stubbs family for allowing me to present this here & for their help & guidance along the way.

Also, I can't thank Ralph, Lowell & Andrew, for providing a home for such a tribute to Levi. Honestly, I just can't imagine any other forum, where a thread such as this could find a home. They've truly provided us with a very special place. Truly, where else could such a thread come into existence?

Beyond that, I have to thank all of you here who have posted such positive thoughts & encouragement & to those friends & family members of Levi, who couldn't attend, whom have responded to me off-forum in such a heart-warming way.

All of that, makes this an endeavor which is well worth the time & effort & I'd be lying if I said that I don't feel a little pride & 10 times more humility about all of this. That a guy like me who is really just an ordinary guy would have an opportunity to be a part of something like this, is simply something that I couldn't have dreamed of.

I have to thank all of you whom have been so encouraging since the day that I first began posting pictures for what seems like such a long time ago, but has been a mere 4 years.

Later today, I'll be finishing this up with pictures of a more celebratory nature. For even through the pain of such a sad occasion, are reunions, where people come together to comfort one another. So, when I wake up later, I'll be posting pictures taken at the V.I.P. room, immediately after the ceremony & a few of the repast at the St. Regis, where out of respect for people trying to eat after a VERY LONG day, I didn't snap away like a maniac, but took a few choice shots near the end.

Thanks for hanging in there with me & we're almost done :-)

Ms. M (ms_m)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 8296
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice my father passed away 11 years ago. I haven't been able to attend a funeral since. Normally I stay away from this sort of thing because I prefer to remember people in life but this was tastefully done and I commend you again for your work. Your quote and Obie's tombstone made me smile. When you can bring a smile and some joy in a time like this, you know you've done well.

stubby_girl (stubby_girl)
3-Pundit
Username: stubby_girl

Post Number: 50
Posted From: 63.77.247.10
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice,
OH MY GOD !!! We (Stubbs Family) thank you so
very much for these memories and for a magnificent
job well done.

You don't know how these pictures have captured
my heart, and I'm sure I speak for my siblings
and my mom as well.

You did everything very respectful and we thank
you,we appreciate you, and we love you !!

God bless you...and God bless Soulful Detroit !!

Deborah (stubby_girl)

oldiesmusicfan (oldiesmusicfan)
6-Zenith
Username: oldiesmusicfan

Post Number: 4322
Posted From: 76.192.60.29
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, wow, wow. Juice, you've out-done yourself with this fantastic tribute to Levi Stubbs. And to be commended by the man's family is a sure sign that you have done the job perfectly and tastefully. Thank you so much for all your hard work.

Oldies

T.L. Harris (tl_harris)
6-Zenith
Username: tl_harris

Post Number: 442
Posted From: 76.236.211.116
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice,

It took me a long time to decide whether I wanted to post on this thread. I didn’t know if I wanted to post for a myriad of reasons. I didn’t want to mess with the sanctity of this thread, and I really I just didn’t know what to say but I can give it a try. This thread is absolutely beautiful and all the pictures were tasteful and very personal. You were able to walk the very fine tightrope of being tasteful without overstepping the respect of the family. It is quite obvious how we all feel about Levi as he was able to give us hope and a tremendous since of pride through that wonderful voice of his, but we can sometimes lose the fact that he was someone’s husband, father, brother, grandfather, uncle, nephew, cousin, or great friend. Each picture is like a piece of a painstaking puzzle that puts into perspective who Levi Stubbs really is. My favorite pictures in this thread are the pictures of his wife Cliniece. This is clearly a woman of incredible strength, and my prayers continue to be with her, and Deborah, Kelly, Beverly, Levi III, and Raymond, and the entire family. For those of us that wanted to attend but were not able to this made us feel like we had a connection. I can tell this was truly a labor of love and thank you for sharing this personal, and intimate part of Levi’s final journey with us.

T.L. Harris

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11876
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ms M:

Thank you again.

I don't know where those words came from. I know that I tend to write a lot & often over-think things. Truthfully, I wasn't going to say anything at all. But when I looked at those 2 pictures, that was the first thought that came to mind.

I'm just humbled to have been a part of this & though I never got to really know Levi, I've always respected him & The Four Tops, for setting an excellent example for us & for never causing any reason or shame. That has always meant a lot to me, as well know all too well that for many of our heroes, that hasn't proved to be the case.

I set out to do justice to what Levi's meant to us & it's responses such as yours & all whom have participated in this thread, that makes me fell like I might've gotten it right.

Thank you again :-)

Deborah:

Thank you & the family for your warm words & positive words about this thread. That all of you are pleased about this thread means more than words can say.

I'm glad to have enjoyed your hospitality & friendship, though extremely saddened about the circumstances for our meeting again. If this thread has helped to honor the legacy of what your father leaves us & how he lived his life, then that this thread represents just a small measure, of what Levi & The Four Tops have meant to me, ever since I could remember. I believe that I speak for all Four Tops fans everywhere, as we all share the same sentiment & appreciation for Levi, Obie, Larry & Duke, who the caretaker & carries on this rich legacy & tradition.

I thank you, your mom & the entire family for entrusting me with such a responsibility & for your faith in me. Needless to say, I care about each of you & return the love to each of you ten-fold. I'm just happy to have touched your lives & your hearts, just as Levi & The Four tops have touched mine & millions of others.

May God bless & keep watch over each of you & bless you all with all that is good. may he comfort all of you in this time of difficulty & I know that He will.

I look forward to seeing all of you for happier occasions & I echo your sentiments, may God bless SDF, without whom, none of this would've been remotely possible.

Oldies:

Thank you for your kind words. This has indeed been an honor to be a part of. I honestly don't know what more I can possibly say. An experience such as this is extremely humbling, as it is surreal.

T.L.:

Thank you for those wonderful words.

I understand how you feel. For obvious reasons, this may have proven to be a difficult thread to enter. The reality is difficult to come to grips with, as it pertains to an event that none of us wanted to occur. Also, most of us, including myself, often find it difficult to find the right words to express how we feel. How can mere words express things that are felt with such intensity, yet, are so hard to express. Somehow, words just don't seem to be enough.

I'm happy to have been a vessel that brought this to those who couldn't be there. It wasn't easy & I know that it's taken quite a bit of time, but I wanted to capture this in a way that no newspaper article could.

Thank you again for your kind words & I'm overwhelmed to read & hear the positive thoughts expressed about this thread.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11877
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CELEBRATING LEVI & HIS LEGACY

As we awaited for the family to arrive for the service, a V.I.P. room was set up. Here are some pictures of some old friends who gathered to show support & love for the family & love for Levi.

Let me say, that I can't place a name to all of the faces. There were just too many people & no way for me to remember everyone's name. Some I wasn't introduced to & none were announced. I wish that I did & could recognize everyone & I apologize in advance that I can't do so.

EDIT NOTE!!!

THANKS TO PAT COSBY, I HAVE A FEW CORRECTIONS TO MAKE & A FEW ADDITIONS!!!

Like this first picture...

Pat Cosby (widow of Hank Cosby) & Robert Bateman

Rosalind Ashford-Holmes & husband, Annette Beard-Helton (both of The Original Vandellas), Al Chisholm of The Contours & wife, with The Shades Of Blue

Pat Cosby, Janie Bradford, Robert Bateman

Annette Beard-Helton & husband, with William Guest of The Pips

Dennis Bowles (in blue), son of Motown legend "Beans" Bowles & Joey Jamerson (son of the legendary James Jamerson).

George Roundtree (M.D. & Arranger for The Four Tops), William Guest & Rosalind Ashford-Holmes of The Original Vandellas

Pistons legend & a top-flight businessman, Dave Bing

Pat Cosby, Annette Beard-Helton of The Original Vandellas

The Shades Of Blue

The Shades Of Blue & Annette Beard-Helton

Al Chisholm & wife with Dave Bing

Rosalind Ashford-Holmes, Robert Bateman, Richard Street & Annette Beard-Helton

Marlene Barrow-Tate of the Andantes, Cal Street of The Velvelettes, Annette Beard-Helton & Janie Bradford

Marlene Barrow-Tate of the Andantes, Annie Jamerson (widow of bass legend James Jamerson), Pat Cosby & Annette Beard-Helton

Robert Bateman, Pat Cosby & Cornelius Grant

Pat Cosby & Spyder Turner

Robert Bateman, Spyder Turner & Pat Cosby

Robert Bateman, Spyder Turner, Annie Jamerson & Pat Cosby

Spyder, Pat & Dennis Bowles

(Message edited by juicefree20 on December 05, 2008)

(Message edited by juicefree20 on December 06, 2008)

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11878
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Annette Beard-Helton, Sharon Jones Couture, Rosalind Ashford-Holmes, Dennis Bowles

Annette Beard-Helton, Rosalind Ashford-Holmes, ?, Cal Street, Richard Street, Pat Cosby, William Guest, Annie Jamerson, Janie Bradford, ?, Cornelius Grant

Sharon Jones Couture

The Shades Of Blue with Richard Street

Spyder Turner, Rosalind Ashford-Holmes, Richard Street

William Guest of The Pips & family

Gisele Caver of keyofgee.com

Berry Gordy Jr. & Richard Street

Richard Street & Gisele Caver

Robert Bateman, Evelyn Roundtree, Berry Gordy Jr., ?, Richard Street & Gee Caver

Robert Bateman, Berry Gordy Jr., & Theron 'T-Man' Hill

Fred Bridges

Berry Gordy Jr., Evelyn Roundtree, wife of Four Tops M.D., George Roundtree

Berry Gordy Jr., Fred Bridges & group leaving the V.I.P. room upon the arrival of the Stubbs Family

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11880
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These were taken as we exited the church, enroute to the cemetery...

Kyra (Levi's niece) & Thelma (Levi's sister)

Thelma is also keeping the legacy alive, singing with her group, The Stubbs Girls.

Pat & Thelma

Kyra & Ollie Woodson

Cal Street, Ollie Woodson, Harold Bowles (son of Beans Bowles)

Larry "Squirrel" Demps, Gee Caver, Harold Bowles

'Squirrel' & some guy who should've used a tie tack in that wind

"Squirrel" & the wife of Edmond Lee, photographer for keyofgee.com

Annette, Edmond & Rosalind

Annette, some guy (who obviously found some bubble gum to hold his tie in place) & Rosalind

Gee with Rosalind, Tonya Hood & Annette whom currently perform as The Original Marvelettes

This shot was taken as we were leaving the cemetery...
Kim Weston & Claudette Robinson

Soulful Detriot (mike_nyc)
6-Zenith
Username: mike_nyc

Post Number: 433
Posted From: 205.188.116.18
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again thanks for sharing these photos.

Ms. M (ms_m)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 8344
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 4:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Give the guy with the flying tie a break, he was on a mission:-)

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11882
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike:

Thank you & believe me, the honor & the priviledge is all mine.

Ms M:

In that case, shouldn't he have had a cape?!?!

Those rookies. They just never come prepared :-)

Grapevine (grapevine)
6-Zenith
Username: grapevine

Post Number: 3092
Posted From: 82.30.126.101
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...you were greatly privileged Juice ...many thanks again for sharing this with all of us who couldn't be there ...but were there ...in spirit ...and in prayer...

:-)

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11884
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grapevine:

Thank you for your kind words & as I posted when I began this thread, I'll always believe that this entire thread was not my doing. From Day One, the way that the events leading to my being there unfolded, makes me understand that it was meant for me to be there. As for why me? I really don't know, but all of this came from a Source far greater than I & I know that to be true.

I'm about to wrap this thread up with my next post. It's been quite a ride & I thank everyone for hanging in there with me.!

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11886
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CELEBRATING THE LIFE OF LEVI STUBBS - The Repast At The St. Regis

After saying good-bye to Levi, most of us headed to The St. Regis, where Duke had organized a wonderful spread. It had been a very long day & needless-to-say, we were all famished & really needed to just sit back & relax for a moment. ESPECIALLY The Stubbs Family, who had barely any rest & precious little sleep over the previous 10 days.

I have nothing but compliments to the management & staff of The St. Regis. The food was excellent & I sure wish that I had a tray of that food right about now. It was GREAT & I hope to sample some more of their cooking as soon as I get back to Detroit!!!

Just as was the case at Levi's home, I took very few pictures. I didn't want to treat the repast as a photo op. It was set up for us to relax, get some much needed food into our systems & for old friends to get together & to pay their respects to the family in a more relaxed setting, now that the day was over.

As people were either on line getting food, sitting & eating & just catching up with one another, I thought it prudent to simply stop playing "photographer" & just relax & enjoy watching & listening to everyone. I didn't want to act like the paparazzi & have people uncomfortable about the prospect of me shooting them with food stuffed in their mouths. It was simply a time to chill. Plus it gave me an opportunity to speak with Claudette & Pat, not that anyone would need an excuse to speak with such classy ladies.

I was seated with Joe Billingslea, Gee, Spyder, Edmund & a few others & if you know Spyder, you know that Spyder's got jokes for days. That's a brother who keeps it lively & even while going through his own trial, the brother kept it upbeat & all that I can say is that I like this brother. He's exactly as advertized, with no bull & drama, just a lot of fun & I appreciate that.

So, here are a few of the pictures that I did take.

Spyder Turner & Joe B. Thomas of Enchantment

Spyder, Gee & Joe Billingslea surround Bobby Rogers of The Miracles

Brenda & Jay Wilson, son & daughter of legend Jackie Wilson

Man, isn't he the spitting image of Jackie???

Pat Cosby & Paul Williams Jr.

Billy Wilson (formerly of the Motown Alumni Society), Claudette Robinson & Paul Williams Jr.

L.J. Reynolds

?, Jay Wilson & Gee

Pat Cosby & Janie Bradford

Pat Cosby, Sir Mack Rice, Janie Bradford & Billy Wilson

Cousins Claudette Robinson & Bobby Rogers of the Miracles

Gee & Paul Williams Jr.

After eating, many in the crowd began to gather & began throwing down in an impromptu jam session.

Jay Wilson & L.J. Reynolds

L.J.

Larry "Squirrel" Demps with Brenda & Jay Wilson

By this time, it was getting late & I had to leave. It had been a long day & though I would've liked to have stayed, I was simply tired. But a new friend, Photographer Edmond Lee for Gisele Caver's keyofgee.com stayed & took some excellent pictures. It's obvious that the party only picked up steam after I left.

And just to show you how in sync the cosmos were concerning my trip, as I was leaving, who do you think was the LAST person whom I saw as I was leaving?

Mr. Spyder Turner, bringing it all full circle, as he was also the FIRST person whom I ran into on the first day of the viewing for Levi. This time, Spyder with with Pree McMurray

And so ends this very special tribute to Levi.

I mentioned that Mr. Edmond Lee took some pictures of the jam session. Here is a link to Gee's flickr site, which features some shots of the jam session taken by my buddy Edmond of "Eye 2 Eye Photography"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keyofgee/

Gee also shares her thoughts about Levi on her site keyofgee.com. Here's her summary here:

http://www.keyofgee.com/remembering_levi_stubbs1

Go check both of them out!

I thank each & every one of you who have participated in this thread & made it a very special one for me & for The Stubbs Family. Thanks for bearing with me, as I know that it's taken awhile to finish this. I hope that I left no stone unturned & that this thread will always serve as a comfort to The Stubbs Family, the legions of Levi's fans & fans of The Four Tops & that this thread may prove to honor the legacy & life of Levi Stubbs for many years to come.

Thank all of you for accompanying me on this journey & for your positive words of encouragement. Thank you Ralph, Lowell & Andrew for providing the space for this to be presented to all to see to time in perpetuity. Of course, I thank The Stubbs Family for giving me the honor of presenting this memorial thread, my family for banding together & looking out for mom, so that I was able to spend the week in Detroit. Most of all, I thank God for putting me in position to be able to do such a thread as this.

Thank you SDF. This was a priviledge & an honor & thank you for following along.

Levi Stubbs - Rest In Peace!

"FOUREVER", INDEED!

Ralph Terrana (ralpht)
Username: ralpht

Post Number: 7917
Posted From: 76.126.132.110
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice,
Words cannot express the good that you accomplished here. A more fitting tribute to Levi, I can't imagine. Many, many thanks from all of us at Soulful Detroit. I'll make arrangements to have Andrew place this memorial in the Platinum section.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11887
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ralph:

Thank you for such generous & beautiful thoughts. You know how I feel about you & SDF & I'm just happy to have contributed something such as this memorial thread to Levi to SDF.

Ralph, thanks for everything, especially your encouragement, support & friendship over the years!

Ms. M (ms_m)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 8347
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul Jr looks good. I'm glad to see that.

Hey Juice, rookies do excellent work , don't knock the rookie's:-):-)

Ralph Terrana (ralpht)
Username: ralpht

Post Number: 7920
Posted From: 76.126.132.110
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Going Platinum, gang.

Andrew - Support & Admin (aiw)
Board Administrator
Username: aiw

Post Number: 53
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juicefree, an amazing tribute.

Thank you for taking the time to do this for us.

Marv (marv2)
1-Arriviste
Username: marv2

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice, great pictures and thanks so much for sharing. I think you did a most comprehensive presentation. I took a few pictures personally, but your photo journalism is as fine as I have seen.

I was there (my mom, sister and brother attended also.) I am from Detroit,but now live in New York and flew in that weekend. I had to be there as Levi (and the Tops) were my favorites.

To Deborah,Levi III, Miss Cliniece and the entire Stubbs Family, keep looking up! I lost my dad last year and I understand.

Again, thanks JuiceFree for the outstanding pics and coverage.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11900
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ms M:

Well, you know that Rookies have to try a bit harder. I'll continue to think of myself as a "Rookie", because as long as I do, it will remind me that I still have much to learn.

Ralph:

Thank you again for honoring this thread in such a beautiful way. It has been an honor to contribute this to Soulful Detroit.

Thank you again!

Andrew:

Thank you for your kind words. The pleasure & honor has been all mine. I thank you, Lowell & Ralph for providing us with a forum such as SDF, where threads such as this can exist & for taking the time to do the grunt work to keep this forum running, work which most of us take for granted. Without the hard work of you 3, none of this would be possible, so a huge thanks to all of you is definitely in order!

Marv:

Thank you for your kind words. your words are definitely appreciated & I wish that I had known that you were there. It would've been nice to have met you.

I extend my condolences to you for the loss of your father. May God bring you comfort & keep your father in His remembrance.

Marv (marv2)
2-Debutant
Username: marv2

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Juice anytime man. Your pictures and work are as the kids say.....The TRUTH! I'm back here home in New York but go back and forth to Detroit to see family and friends. Thank you regarding my Dad.

I did try emailing you recently but am not sure you got it. I will try again. I may be doing something really great with CW 11, Channel 11 here in NYC for Motown's 50th in the New Year.

Marv

Rev. Naz (ministernaz)
1-Arriviste
Username: ministernaz

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Juice,

Great shots!!!!! You've been able to capture the best of this sad but awesome day. The love that was shared by all in attendance for Levi was beyond verbal description (and that isn't easy for us preachers), and you have managed to capture every moment in pristine fashion to be enjoyed "fourever."

Thank you for your ministry.

Blessings,
Rev. Naz

6-Zenith

Post Number: 11964
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marv

By now you know about my absence. I wish that I had run into you in Detroit. Imagine 2 New Yorkers in Detroit, on a Detroit forum & meeting up in the Detroit forum, from their homes in New YORK! I wish you the best with Ch. 11!

Rev. Naz:

I'm sorry that I really didn't get to meet you, but it was extremely hectic & I understand that.

Thank you for your kind words. I wanted to give Levi's proceedings the dignity & respect that he & the family deserved, while still sharing it with those whom loved him so. The outpouring of love was indeed tremendous & it was testimony such as your, which made it feel less like a funeral & more of a celebration of the life of Levi Stubbs.

I thank you for your kind words & I am humbled & honored that The Stubbs Family made it possible for me to do this tribute.

Thank you so much for your kind words & I hope to see you again at a happier occasion.

God Bless You!

Juice

moonbeam (moonbeam)
6-Zenith
Username: moonbeam

Post Number: 1915
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

paul williams jr looks exactly like him. wow. the resemblance is strong. is he into singing?

6-Zenith

Post Number: 12852
Posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Moonbeam:

Yes, Paul Williams Jr. sings. From what I understand, he's replaced Ollie Woodson & is singing with Dennis Edwards & The Temptations Review.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: