Soulful Detroit Archives - July 2010 Whatever became of early posters? Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of page

Boynextdoor (boynextdoor)
6-Zenith
Username: boynextdoor

Post Number: 1645
Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 8:44 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just went through 2002 archives to see who was posting in the early days. I'd have to say a fair majority have disappeared. Does anyone know if any of the early posters have passed away? Many of the posts were quite good and a lot of knowledgeable people posted. Then, they just dropped off the radar screen... or so it seemed. Just wondered?

douglasm (douglasm)
6-Zenith
Username: douglasm

Post Number: 3276
Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 10:02 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those archives are fun to go through, aren't they? Just think of the stuff that has been lost over time, the AARRRUUUGGHHH.... threads coming to mind.

SD has gone through a couple of really bad wars in the past 9 or 10 years that has cost some posters. I would assume that some just drop out or lose interest. I know I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to, in many cases the knowledge and depth of the information has far outstripped my ability to contribute much.

Anyone else got any theories?

Skool dem (skooldem1)
6-Zenith
Username: skooldem1

Post Number: 3286
Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 10:07 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Times change, people change

Or

People come and go in life

6-Zenith

Post Number: 1646
Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 10:13 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea, I thought of the people come and people go thing. Some of those early posters seemed really invested in SDF and appears like they'd be around for the duration. But, as Skool dem said, times change, people change. I think there's even been some deaths since I've been on the board.

Robb_K (robb_k)
6-Zenith
Username: robb_k

Post Number: 10371
Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 10:33 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ron Murphy, The Count, Marilyn Bond are deceased. There are probably more. Bobbi Eli left and several other posters went with him. They ended up on another forum (which I feel is not as good as this one). I've dropped out of that one long ago. This is still the best music forum I know (although I am also on a Northern Soul forum and a Doo Wop forum, as well (and also a few ice Hockey and cartoonist Fora).

I don't post here nearly as much as I used to. I have little time for it. Same is true for Mel and Oldies, and some others. But, every once in a while (as The Debonairs sang), I see a very interesting thread (like The Little David Bush, Five Stars thread and Wade Jones threads).

motesartsound (uncle_derrald)
5-Doyen
Username: uncle_derrald

Post Number: 192
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 1:59 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OHHH MY NECKBONES AND GRAVY: A few years ago, I stopped over this record store on San Pablo Ave. in San Pablo, CA (so good to be a Bay Area native of 46 years) called Down Home Music, at this record store, I was 100% floored of looking at these concert/venue posters of some of these artists performing, be it the Oakland Coliseum, Circle Star Thearte (San Carlos), Cow Palace, the old KDIA-1310 (Oakland) promotions... Whatever you do, make yourself a wonderful pilgramage to DHM to see these posters. dlm

mhc (mhc)
5-Doyen
Username: mhc

Post Number: 282
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 10:06 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was trying to remember Ron Murphy's name last night while checking out The Complete Motown Singles Vol. 1 on iTunes.. He really knew his stuff. In the early days of this place there were loads of people like him, early witnesses to the creation, actual participants in the creation, etc. It's great to have what remains of the archives.. (BTW, I think Down Home Music is closed down..)

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith
Username: soulster

Post Number: 2692
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 10:55 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The music world has changed since then. I stick around, but there just isn't much going on in music anymore for my interest.

splanky (splanky)
6-Zenith
Username: splanky

Post Number: 3216
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 11:50 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Soulster said:

The music world has changed since then. I stick around, but there just isn't much going on in music anymore for my interest.

I could see if you mean in relation to this forum but if you mean in the real world you must have incredibly limited tastes...

Kev-Lo (7273747576)
6-Zenith
Username: 7273747576

Post Number: 3599
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 2:03 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi this is Kev-Lo

I've often wondered about some SD members that was here in the beginning. Soul Sister, Bobby Eli, are on Facebook. I also wondered whatever happen to the NYC Diva, She posted a lot in the beginning as well.

Nosey (nosey)
6-Zenith
Username: nosey

Post Number: 2861
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 2:48 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember that Isaiah got banned. I remember when one of the Delfonics' daughter and when Butch Tavares daughter used to post and another girl (can't remember her name) who was also Cape Verdean.

I know personally, I'm kind of "over" the internet. I rarely turn on my computer at home anymore.

abfan (abfan)
6-Zenith
Username: abfan

Post Number: 3001
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 2:53 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nosey im w/u...I get on off nowaday.I do recall a few members going over to another forum....
The music Industry is kind of at a stand still as someone mentioned

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2696
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 6:22 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Splanky,

I was thinking in terms of vintage soul music. I'm just not seeing stuff issued like it was in the golden days of the 90s and early 2000s.

I have a wide taste in music. I would listen to more new stuff, but, i'm an audiophile, and I can't tolerate hyper-compressed sound. I refuse to buy anything that is over-compressed, I don't care how good the music may be.

John Lester (theboyfromxtown)
6-Zenith
Username: theboyfromxtown

Post Number: 4200
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 7:14 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Soulster

I hope you dont mind me asking this but what does it mean to be overcompressed. What does it do to the sound I hear?

I probably need to hear the difference between a song that is under compressed and the same in an over compressed sound to understand.

UK producer Joe Meek is talked about in these circles but I dont really know what it means

boolaboola (boolaboola)
2-Debutant
Username: boolaboola

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2010 - 12:23 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mhc, I believe Down Home Music is still open in El Cerrito.

www.downhomemusic.com

I haven't been there in a few years, but used to love talking with the informative & enthusiastic ex-pat Brit, Opal Nations, who worked there on Saturdays.

Great Emily Litella moment, motesartsound :-) I still have many of my "posters" from back in the day, lol.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2698
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2010 - 9:57 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John, I am about to go to work, but i'll get back to you later with an explanation of the effects of compression and what it is used for, and how it is abused.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2699
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 12:01 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John, rather than typing out a response, i'll just post this link for you to absorb: http://www.barrydiamentaudio.c om/loudness.htm

Barry Diament. You have no doubt seen his name in the mastering credits of many Atlantic Records LPs and CDs.

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2700
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 12:02 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's another article:
http://www.austin360.com/music /content/music/stories/xl/2006 /09/28cover.html

EverythingsAlright (uptight)
6-Zenith
Username: uptight

Post Number: 2947
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 4:44 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remember when SDF was new on the net? We were so excited to talk about Detroit music and old haunts and Vernor's pop, etc. Reminiscing and knowing others felt the same as we did after all those decades, we kinda got it all out of our systems.

It's also funny how differently some people perceived innocent comments. Because you can't hear tone of voice in the comments, some people felt they had to respond defensively. It was quite a phenomenon how poorly many people behaved because of comments they misinterpreted. I guess it depended on the mood they were in just prior to reading. I mean your heart would sink reading such nasty replies in some threads. I remember two guys threatening physical harm to each other if they were to show up in the same town. These people would get banned for abusive behavior.

In similar instances, others with over-inflated egos would get into heated arguments with Ralph and leave SDF to join another forum.

Now that we are a bit more internet savvy, I see more civil conversations on this site. And Ralph does a good job of keeping everyone in check. By now he knows what works for this site. I'm so glad he stuck with it after Lowell gave up. I believe it's been more than several years now since Ralph began managing this very entertaining forum.

ALJAYDU (aljaydu)
5-Doyen
Username: aljaydu

Post Number: 382
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 8:43 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heeeey...don't count me out. Old Aljaydu is still hangin'. I remember a bunch of you all from days gone by and I'm glad that a lot of you are still here. You men and women are a wealth of information. I applause you all and tip my hat.

davidh (davidh)
6-Zenith
Username: davidh

Post Number: 2477
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 9:03 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

im happy to be here with SDF and enjoy everyone posts.
as stated before, some left because they were attacked verbally here as some feel they have to curse or make ugly statements. most of it has died down, thankfully. there are a few people i miss as they dont post as much but some i dont.
one thing i have learned is not to become bated into one of those ugly post, although it wasnt always easy to ignore them. i have done exactly that now.i just ignore them when they come up and move on as it seems best to let them show how ignorant they can be. if anything gets out of hand i just email Ralph and bring it to his attention.
everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and can easily express it without using a negative tone. for the most, they seem to do that.only a few seem to be able to not follow that path...those are the ones you stay away from.
i am happy to hear from everyone and enjoy reading your thoughts. i have actually learned a lot from many of you,thank you!

davidh (davidh)
6-Zenith
Username: davidh

Post Number: 2478
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 9:05 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

also i wasn't aware that some has passed. i send my condolences .

6-Zenith

Post Number: 1651
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 9:26 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Names from the past that used to post in the early days.....where are they now? Do these names ring a bell?
Vickie
Sue
Scratcher
Medusa
Flynny
Michael/cleoharvey
Fayette
Vandelron
WonderB

mhc (mhc)
5-Doyen
Username: mhc

Post Number: 289
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 10:04 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

boolaboola, I was thinking of Village Music in Mill Valley.. Oops....

Ralph Terrana (ralpht)
Username: ralpht

Post Number: 9471
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 11:22 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uptight,
Your kind words regarding my administration of this forum is much appreciated and I thank you. However, I need to point out that Lowell Boileau is very much involved with SD. It is David Meikle, Lowell's one-time partner that is no longer with us.

1wicked (1wicked)
6-Zenith
Username: 1wicked

Post Number: 2374
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 11:34 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boynextdoor:
WonderB still posts...but his plate is always full. Aside from being a full-time husband & dad, he's a full time employee, he publishes a magazine, is the "go to guy" for funk groups traveling thru France, and his "spare" time is spent scouring used record stores worldwide for rare vinyl funk and R & B.
That's just what I know. I'm sure he's got other irons in the fire as well. LOL

6-Zenith

Post Number: 1652
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 12:16 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks...1wicked. Sounds like WonderB has a very interesting job! It's always interesting hearing about these folks and what they're up to now.

Robb_K (robb_k)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 10381
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 12:34 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flynny has his own Forum. Don is involved in a couple of other forums. I guess that Mel is busy with his new lady friend. I wonder if Isaiah is on another music forum?

1wicked (1wicked)
6-Zenith
Username: 1wicked

Post Number: 2375
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 1:19 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boynextdoor:
WRT WonderB: Let me clarify. He has a "real" job (the employee part)....everything else is his passion, which he pursues fervently...while keeping the husband & dad part the priority. LOL

TD (tmd)
5-Doyen
Username: tmd

Post Number: 212
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 1:22 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am still here- since 2001. Just change the name from TD to TMD.
I just don't get to the site as often as in the past- most of my questions have been answered over the years by all the great Motown alumni- i.e. BB, MM, RT, DC etc. and non Motown artist i.e. MHC, BE and of course TJL.

Phil (phil)
6-Zenith
Username: phil

Post Number: 1688
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 3:37 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boynextdor : my friend Wonder B. is actually having a treat at the the Baltic Soul Weekender ! :-)

He has a full time job but he's very active on French forums like Funkhome (http://www.funkhome.com/) and some other ones.

(Message edited by Phil on April 24, 2010)

douglasm (douglasm)
6-Zenith
Username: douglasm

Post Number: 3278
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 7:04 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ralph....
....you got any idea on who of us that are still here go back the farthest? I know I've been around a while (early 2003) and could possibly be considered a greybeard (or greyhaired as the case may be), but I know I'm far from the earliest still posting poster.

Ralph Terrana (ralpht)

Post Number: 9473
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 7:07 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're in the running, Doug but John Lester beats all of us. He was here from the start.

Also, Davey Gordon and Graham Finch are charter members.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 1654
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 7:25 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found some of my posts from 2003, which surprised me. I had no idea I was around that long. I was posting under several other names which I recognized....why I don't know? Did we do that back in the day? Time flies!

Soulster (soulster)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 2701
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 9:54 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was around since 2002, but I left for a few years because I couldn't stand all the crazed Supremes/Diana Ross fans who dominated the forum. Then, I had to re-sign up under a different name because I lost my original login password.

Robb_K (robb_k)
6-Zenith

Post Number: 10387
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 10:23 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I started on SDF in late 2002.

Davie Gordon (davie_gordon)
6-Zenith
Username: davie_gordon

Post Number: 1557
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 5:23 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charter member ? I was nearly there at the conception :-)

I well remember David coming over to my flat in Glasgow about a month before the launch of the site discussing his plans for SDF. Drinking lager, listening to the Flaming Ember then adjourning to the pub and looking in awe at the hundreds of photos he'd taken during his recent trip to Detroit. "What a long strange trip it's been" - brownie points to anybody who recognises that quote.

copley (copley)
6-Zenith
Username: copley

Post Number: 1082
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 5:54 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grateful Dead - Truckin'

Truckin' got my chips cashed in. Keep truckin', like the do-dah man
Together, more or less in line, just keep truckin' on.

Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on Main Street.
Chicago, New York, Detroit and it's all on the same street.
Your typical city involved in a typical daydream
Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings.

Dallas, got a soft machine; Houston, too close to New Orleans;
New York, got the ways and means; but just won't let you be,

Most of the cats that you meet on the street speak of true love,
Most of the time they're sittin' and cryin' at home.
One of these days they know they gotta get goin'
Out of the door and down on the street all alone.

Truckin', like the do-dah man. Once told me "You've got to play your hand"
Sometimes the cards ain't worth a damn, if you don't lay'em down,

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me, What a long, strange trip it's been.

What in the world ever became of sweet Jane?
She lost her sparkle, you know she isn't the same
Livin' on reds, vitamin C, and cocaine,
All a friend can say is "Ain't it a shame?"

Truckin', up to Buffalo. Been thinkin', you got to mellow slow
Takes time, you pick a place to go, and just keep truckin' on.

Sittin' and starin' out of the hotel window.
Got a tip they're gonna kick the door in again
I'd like to get some sleep before I travel,
But if you got a warrant, I guess you're gonna come in.

Busted, down on Bourbon Street, Set up, like a bowlin' pin.
Knocked down, it get's to wearin' thin. They just won't let you be

You're sick of hangin' around and you'd like to travel;
Get tired of travelin' and you want to settle down.
I guess they can't revoke your soul for tryin',
Get out of the door and light out and look all around.

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me, What a long, strange trip it's been.

Truckin', I'm a goin' home. Whoa whoa baby, back where I belong,
Back home, sit down and patch my bones, and get back truckin' on.

Davie Gordon (davie_gordon)
6-Zenith
Username: davie_gordon

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 9:17 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Give that man a brownie .. one of the special recipe ones :-)

Erik T (erik_t)
6-Zenith
Username: erik_t

Post Number: 606
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 2:36 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am one of the longest running posters here for sure, I remember David Meikle on Lowell's other forms asking about Detroit soul before he set up this fine forum. I thought it was amazing for a long time, but as others have suggested, once one gets the initial rush out of one's system (regarding catching up with friends, artists, venues, the scene, etcetera), it's hard to sustain passionate interest. Some of us go to other forums or boards, but I suspect many of us spend less and less time online. I usually check in on the weekend or on Mondays after work while I get ready for my radio show.

JAI NANCE (rhythm66)
6-Zenith
Username: rhythm66

Post Number: 6265
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 2:36 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HEY GANG,I TELL YOU THIS MUCH,I'VE BEEN TO ALOT OF MUSIC SITES AND STILL VENTURE OUT BUT THIS PLACE IS HOME FOR ME AND RALPH ALWAYS LEAVES A LIGHT ON FOR US.

cudaus1 (cudaus1)
4-Laureate
Username: cudaus1

Post Number: 134
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 12:20 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still check in for a look as to what is going on here. However,I thought that I knew a lot about Detroit music until I saw this site.

I really have nothing to contribute so I just observe.

cudaus1 (cudaus1)
4-Laureate
Username: cudaus1

Post Number: 135
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 12:20 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still check in for a look as to what is going on here. However,I thought that I knew a lot about Detroit music until I saw this site.

I really have nothing to contribute so I just observe.

john c (john_c)
4-Laureate
Username: john_c

Post Number: 119
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 3:12 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I joined the forum November 2002 from a link on Bob Lee's website.

I remember David greeted me right away. I posted a question about Jamerson and Bob Babbitt answered!

Mark Speck (mark_speck)
6-Zenith
Username: mark_speck

Post Number: 6915
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 8:28 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I go back to about 2002...not sure exactly when, but I was here in the Wild West days (i.e., the days before you had to register).

I'd have to go back and see some of the names of other folks from back then...I do know that Andrew Hamilton is still around (have him on MySpace and Facebook). Other than him, I have no idea of the whereabouts of a lot of the other folk.

Best,

Mark

Nosey (nosey)
6-Zenith
Username: nosey

Post Number: 2874
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 12:25 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Barely Saine has completely dropped out of sight. Hmmmmm

GEETEE(HPK) (geeteehpk)
6-Zenith
Username: geeteehpk

Post Number: 4584
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 3:30 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been a member since September 13th of 2004.

Kdub had mention this site to me,because there are a few of us that were members of another site.

When that site went into a slightly different direction,some of us became members of SDF.

Like many sites, I guess there's a moment when things can get heated,and some members are booted off,because of their behavior and hash words.

I'm here for the same reason most of us are here, to learn and to share some knowledge and information,to those that are interested.

I stay in touch with a former member of SDF from time to time,and they're doing fine. :-)

Destruction (destruction)
6-Zenith
Username: destruction

Post Number: 4082
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 3:55 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice to see some old familiars popping back in.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 3002
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 4:32 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

btw: SDF has been my "home page" on my web browser since forever! It's always the first thing I see when I turn on the internet.

Pshark (pshark)
6-Zenith
Username: pshark

Post Number: 2641
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 5:17 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WHAT BECOMES OF THE EARLY POSTERS

As I read this thread with broken dreams
I have visions of many things
Love's happiness is just an illusion
Filled with sadness and confusion,
What becomes of the early posters
Who had post that's now departed?
I know I've got to find
Some kind of peace of mind
Maybe.
The threads of posts grow all around
But for me they come a tumblin' down.
Every day heartaches grow a little stronger
I can't stand this pain much longer
I walk in shadows
Searching for light
Cold and alone
No comfort in sight,
Hoping and praying for someone to care
Always typing and goin nowhere
What becomes of the early posters
I know I've got to find
Maybe.
I'm googling though I don't succeed,
But someone look, there's a growing need.
Oh, he is lost, there's no place for beginning,
All that's left is an unhappy ending.
Now what's become of the early posters
I know I've got to find
I'll be searching everywhere
Just to find someone to care.
I'll be googling everyday
I know I'm gonna find a way
Nothings gonna stop me now
I'll find a way somehow
I'll be searching everywhere
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8zCz8SKmGek

dave thorley (dave_thorley)
3-Pundit
Username: dave_thorley

Post Number: 71
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 5:43 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was late to the site, but find it a joy every time I come on to find guys that were involved in making the music I love so much on here chatting. Please keep on posting and I will add what ever I can to the conversation, but to be honest, much of the time I am learning.
When in the U.S. Detroit is like a second home to me, love the city and the people there, long may it continue it's everyday struggle to survive and hopefully flourish.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 3003
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 6:12 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pshark! Clever. LOL

michael r. lee shue (mikey)
6-Zenith
Username: mikey

Post Number: 2906
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 10:36 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So when was the start date of SDF?

Ralph Terrana (ralpht)

Post Number: 9588
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 11:36 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike,
It was very new when I got involved in 01.

edafan (edafan)
4-Laureate
Username: edafan

Post Number: 183
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:22 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know I was early poster.
But during a fixing,
I had to reapply, I think

edafan

Boston

Add Your Message Here
1-Add your message in the Post Box. 2-Enter a name in the username box. 3-LEAVE PASSWORD BLANK. 4-Email address is OPTIONAL. 5-Click Preview/Post Message button.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: