Soulful Detroit Archives - January 2009 Sheila D. Hart's Book - 'The Fonic Zone Memoirs ' Out Now Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of page

Juicefree20 (juicefree20)
6-Zenith
Username: juicefree20

Post Number: 12284
Posted From: 24.47.225.121
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 7:23 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sheila D. Hart, wife of Wilbert Hart of The Delfonics has released 'The Fonic Zone Memoirs', her chronicle of the group who ushered in the 'Sweet Soul' era, The Delfonics.

foniczone

It's sure that this will be a bittersweet memoir, touching base on their rise to super-stardom, as well as how lawsuits amongst other things, helped it all to fall apart.

Either way, I look forward to reading this book & re-living those halcyon days as seen through Sheila's eyes.

For more info, go to:

http://www.authorhouse.com/Bookstore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=39484

msmusimania (msmusimania)
2-Debutant
Username: msmusimania

Post Number: 22
Posted From: 72.228.166.183
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 1:56 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations to Sheila D. Hart on the publication of her book, The Fonic Zone Memoirs.
As a Delfonic fan for forty years, I eagerly look forward to reading it. I sincerely hope that the memoir is a run-away best seller. Its a great way to start a new year.

splanky (splanky)
6-Zenith
Username: splanky

Post Number: 2469
Posted From: 72.89.121.94
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 9:05 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd like to read this, myself but I know I won't be buying it and I doubt such a third party memoir will be picked up by the library but who knows for sure. I'm just finishing a biography of Sly and The Family Stone which I didn't even know existed until I ran across it in NYPL's new book rack. Very good, very sad too..

moonbeam (moonbeam)
6-Zenith
Username: moonbeam

Post Number: 1882
Posted From: 72.89.215.98
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 7:37 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

im going to find it and read it. this should be interesting.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.