Soulful DetroitArchives - January 2009 � Going to Sharon Jones concert on Saturday! Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of page

tsull (tsull)
6-Zenith
Username: tsull

Post Number: 1666
Posted From: 140.160.217.16
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 1:17 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't wait, Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings in Seattle! Love her music. If anyone has seen her in concert, please post here. I've never seen her live and am anticipating a great show!

motesartsound (uncle_derrald)
4-Laureate
Username: uncle_derrald

Post Number: 162
Posted From: 75.41.126.29
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 12:20 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just heard about her upcoming show that will take place in San Francisco very soon. Whoops, I don't have the bucks to get the tickets, gas, and the bridge tolls.
Ahh, broke and unemployed has my moments. Good night.

tsull (tsull)
6-Zenith
Username: tsull

Post Number: 1681
Posted From: 67.183.18.66
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 1:48 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, what a show! Even better than I possibly imagined. Two and a half hours of off the charts singing and playing by her band, The Dap Kings. What a performer, what a voice! Just incredible. She's a big time talent, amazed she stayed hidden for so long.

Absolutely unreal version of Sam Cooke's "A Change is Gonna Come," and she credited Sam in a big way.

Super high energy, she's a great dancer and singer. Just amazing. I highly recommend seeing her.

John L (len_badger)
5-Doyen
Username: len_badger

Post Number: 218
Posted From: 87.115.6.95
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 3:24 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed. The best live performer I have seen for longer than I care to think.The band is magnificent, too.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.