Soulful DetroitArchives - January 2009 � Congratulations!!! Miracles Get Their Star On The Walk Of Fame Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of page

Juicefree20 (juicefree20)
6-Zenith
Username: juicefree20

Post Number: 11970
Posted From: 24.47.225.121
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 12:21 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This in from The MAA...

"MAA President-Elect Ron Brewington submitted the application to nominate the Miracles to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and they were selected to get their star...Next on the agenda is to get the Miracles as a group in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame."

Kudos to Ron Brewington & The MAA for their dedication to getting some long overdue respect & acknowledgement for the fine body of work & THE MIRACLES as an ENTIRE UNIT. he fact that they have been over-looked for so long is a damn travesty, a travesty that needs to be rectified.

My heartfelt congratulations goes out to Bobby, Pete, the family of Ronnie White & of course to the loveliest of The Miracles, the lovely Claudette Robinson. Job well done!

Today, the Hollywood Walk Of Fame...tomorrow, let's Rock & Roll, baby!!!

Congratulations to all concerned & congrats to the MAA for caring enough to do the grunt work!

kamasu (kamasu)
6-Zenith
Username: kamasu

Post Number: 6717
Posted From: 65.54.97.188
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 12:30 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They deserve it.

JAI NANCE (rhythm66)
6-Zenith
Username: rhythm66

Post Number: 5660
Posted From: 138.238.41.26
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 12:58 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NOBODY LOVES THE MIRACLES MORE THAN ME AND CONGRATS TO THEM,BUT MY QUESTION IS THIS...SHOULDN'T THE[HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME]BE ABOUT ACTORS AND ACTRESSES-MOVIES AND OR TV,I MEAN IT WOULD BE STRANGE TO SEE[DENZEL]IN THE ROCK HALL..I'M JUST SAYING THAT MUSIC STARS SHOULD BE HONORED BY THEIR MUSIC HALL AND MOTION PICTURE STARS BY THEIR'S!

Juicefree20 (juicefree20)
6-Zenith
Username: juicefree20

Post Number: 11972
Posted From: 24.47.225.121
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 1:35 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jai

Very often, the lines blurred.

There was a time when singers also acted. Think of all of those old MGM musicals. Gene Kelly is not as remembered for his great acting skills, as he is for his dancing in "Singing In The Rain". Likewise with Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers, Donald O'Connor, whom while actors & actresses, drew far more acclaim for their singing and/or dancing skills.

And what about folks like The Nicholas Brothers who though starring in several films, wouldn't have a star if not for their dancing?

The Hollywood Walk Of Fame isn't just about actors, actresses & the movies. It encapsulates entertainment as a whole & I'm glad to see that The miracles as an ENTIRE unit, are being appreciated & honored for their contributions to entertainment.

Dinelle (dinelle_watson)
6-Zenith
Username: dinelle_watson

Post Number: 1891
Posted From: 74.211.45.44
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 1:41 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow! I can't believe it. Actually, I thought that the Miracles should have been in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a long time ago, but major kudos on getting a star on them getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Marv (marv2)
4-Laureate
Username: marv2

Post Number: 169
Posted From: 69.117.127.85
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 1:45 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Finally! Good news. Go Miracles!!!

Kevin Goins - KevGo (kevgo)
6-Zenith
Username: kevgo

Post Number: 4346
Posted From: 69.4.123.31
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 8:09 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They definitely deserve this honor.

Now, let's get to work on that OTHER organization that has YET to honor the Miracles....

Kevin Goins - KevGo

Honest Opinions (honest_opinions)
4-Laureate
Username: honest_opinions

Post Number: 129
Posted From: 24.46.252.150
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 11:57 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two MIRACLES were still left out of this historical award re-boot:
Billy Griffin
Marv Tarplin

.........and we here at Soulful Detroit are ok with this because......???
...something is better then nothing?....
...we forgot who the Miracles have been?.....
..."Love Machine" (Motowns own numbers do not lie- it was their BIGGEST single) and the rapturous "Renaissance" LP dont count?...

inandoutoflove (inandoutoflove)
5-Doyen
Username: inandoutoflove

Post Number: 234
Posted From: 172.190.4.216
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 2:08 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's not right, Billy Griffin should be included. He was a Miracle too and he did have the highest charting single they ever had. I'm going to write him and see how he feels about it. I think if they honor the group, they should honor all of its members, or at least structure it so that it is "The Original Members of the Miracles," or something. To leave Billy out and his contribution regarded as nothing, is a reason for me NOT to attend the ceremonies.

GEETEE(HPK) (geeteehpk)
6-Zenith
Username: geeteehpk

Post Number: 2698
Posted From: 155.181.152.1
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 2:40 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Billy Griffin and Marv Tarplin should both be included.

Shame on the MAA for omitting them!

midnightman (midnightman)
6-Zenith
Username: midnightman

Post Number: 1359
Posted From: 65.190.181.80
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 3:10 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They excluded both Billy AND Marv? Oh that's f***ed up.

Woodward (woodward)
2-Debutant
Username: woodward

Post Number: 16
Posted From: 98.211.88.39
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:00 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why isn't this posted in the "Motown Topics" section of SDF? All too often Motown related topics are in the regular section. Let's make a concerted effort to put Motown items in the Motown Topics section. Thank you.

stubass (stubass)
6-Zenith
Username: stubass

Post Number: 8290
Posted From: 207.200.116.68
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:19 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations to The Miracles for their star on the walk...and nice work to Ron Brewington for his efforts. I met Ron a couple of years back at my place of business after we were introduced, and we had a terrific conversation about music and Motown. We've corresponded since then, and he is quite active in all things Motown.

Speaking of this "Walk Of Fame" honors, I'd also mention that there is a movement out here in Los Angeles to garner this honor for The Funk Brothers, being led by Jeannie Bonfilio, who is a huge Funk Brothers fan, and works as a spokesman for governmental agencies in California. She has gotten some key support from some of the local Los Angeles D.J.'s, and after she contacted me, we've spoken and communicated on several occassions. I wish her the best in her efforts, and have offered to help in any way I can. I'm sure you'll all be hearing more about this in the months to come.

STUBASS

Honest Opinions (honest_opinions)
4-Laureate
Username: honest_opinions

Post Number: 131
Posted From: 24.46.252.150
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 2:48 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny/ironic thing is....what image is on the cover of the Billy Griffin led CITY OF ANGELS LP??

....Anyone?

Nish (nish)
6-Zenith
Username: nish

Post Number: 2489
Posted From: 12.185.230.141
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 5:34 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there front and center in LA to watch my favorite group receive the honor that they so deserve. Excitement. :-)

Kev-Lo (7273747576)
6-Zenith
Username: 7273747576

Post Number: 2600
Posted From: 96.232.56.245
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 6:33 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi this is Kev-Lo

Congratulations to the Miracles they deserve it

Satipe (satipe)
5-Doyen
Username: satipe

Post Number: 291
Posted From: 99.233.196.68
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 7:41 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobby Rogers is one of the nicest people one could ever meet and I am very happy for him and The Miracles.

A funny story about Bobby...a few years ago, in the Toronto area, I brought a student to have breakfast with Bobby. He was talking to the student about racism in the early tours when a man came to the table and said that he had watched The Miracles perform the night before and it was so good to see Bobby again. Bobby smiled, and shook his hand and then the man shook my hand and did some small talk with me. Then he proceeded to talk to Bobby (for about 20 minutes) about food, farming, Motown, his wife, etc., etc., etc. The whole time, Bobby was so polite, nice and engaged in the conversation. When the man finally left, Bobby turned to me and said, "How do you know him?" I responded, "I don't." as to which Bobby said, "Then why did he shake your hand?" so I said, "Because he put his hand out so I shook it." Poor Bobby did not know this man and thought he was a friend of mine because he shook my hand.

That morning showed me that Bobby is a very nice man. He was so engaged in conversation with the man who came to the table and so nice to him. Afterwards he said, "Then I guess you don't know his wife Susan (I have actually forgotten her real name)the farm he has or the motorcycle he is working on..." and we had a good laugh.

Nosey (nosey)
6-Zenith
Username: nosey

Post Number: 2305
Posted From: 66.227.68.234
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 2:23 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miracles do happen. Great news. Great story about Bobby Rogers.

I took a picture with Bobby @ 1966 at Ms. Pearl's house. Ms. Pearl lived in back of the Uptown and after the shows everyone ate at Ms. Pearl's. On the pic its me and one of the Madlads whose name I think was Sam. Sam replaced the lead singer who was in Nam at the time. Again, congrats to the Miracles.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.