Soulful DetroitArchives - January 2009 � Freddie Hubbard Tribute Committee Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of page

daddyacey (daddyacey)
6-Zenith
Username: daddyacey

Post Number: 1884
Posted From: 205.188.116.18
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 3:22 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Freddie Hubbard Tribute Committee
555 Edgecombe Avenue-Suite 8B
New York, NY 10032

Harlem Remembers Freddie Hubbard:
Honoring a Master at the
Abyssinian Baptist Church

To honor the memory of Freddie Hubbard, the jazz master who passed away last
month, there will be a tribute at Abyssinian Baptist Church, 132 W. 138th Street, Harlem,
NY, Saturday, January 10th at 1pm. Proceedings will be officiated by The Reverend
Doctor Calvin Butts. Musical tributes will include performances and remarks by Killer
Ray Appleton, Louis Hayes, Javon Jackson, Jeremy Pelt, Melba-Joyce, Phil Ranelin, Larry
Ridley, James Spaulding, TC the Third, Terrell Stafford, McCoy Tyner, Buster Williams,
and Reggie Workman. It is expected that many more jazz luminaries will perform,
though, as of the time of this writing, they have not yet confirmed their attendance.

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------

splanky (splanky)
6-Zenith
Username: splanky

Post Number: 2349
Posted From: 72.89.120.144
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 7:23 am: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, daddeyacey. I am going to try to get off early and be there. I haven't been in Abyssinian in many many years, kinda nervous about that. I attended a rival church in my youth but I appreciate Rev Calvin's hosting this tribute...

Destruction (destruction)
6-Zenith
Username: destruction

Post Number: 3605
Posted From: 68.55.77.192
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 7:42 pm: ��Edit PostDelete Post���Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wednesday night I was dragging home from a looooong day and night in D.C.....and WPFW played a live version of Red Clay with Hubbard and V.S.O.P. that snapped me out of serious funk and had me grinning the rest of the way home.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.