Soulful Detroit Archives - January 2009 Any ideas yet on release dates for Shirley Brown and/or Denise LaSalle? Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of page

DavidDesper (daviddesper)
6-Zenith
Username: daviddesper

Post Number: 492
Posted From: 71.62.64.90
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 12:03 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This question is directed primarily at one guy (whose name I am sorry to say I have forgotten) who seems to have inside connections to Malaco, but of course anybody can answer that might know. I was just curious as to when Shirley Brown's long-awaited release on Malaco may be coming out and of more interest to me, how soon Denise will be behind her.

In Shirley's case, her last CD for Malaco dates all the way back to 2004 and five years between releases is too long for anyone! Last time you reported to us, you said that you definitely felt like the label would put Shirley out first and then concentrate on Denise.

So any new info on either one?

Heikki (heikki)
6-Zenith
Username: heikki

Post Number: 740
Posted From: 212.16.103.6
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 11:11 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi David!

Sorry for the delay.
On the r&b side Malaco next releases a new CD by Chuck Strong and after that Shirley Brown, probably in February.
Before Denise they're releasing at least Billy Ray Charles, Artie White and a couple of others.

The problem with Denise is that she still hasn't submitted her half of the CD. After she does that, Malaco cuts their half, and the CD will hit the streets earliest in May.

Best regards
Heikki

kamasu (kamasu)
6-Zenith
Username: kamasu

Post Number: 6606
Posted From: 65.54.97.191
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 4:09 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Denise is still working on material.

DavidDesper (daviddesper)
6-Zenith
Username: daviddesper

Post Number: 494
Posted From: 71.62.64.90
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 11:50 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh how I miss the days when Denise (and for that matter just about everybody else!) could easily release a quality album every year! What happened?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.