Soulful Detroit Archives - Club House Whats up with the cast of whats happening,and others Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of page

moonbeam (moonbeam)
5-Doyen
Username: moonbeam

Post Number: 185
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 6:06 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what happened to the cast of whats happening,and mike evans and berlinda tolliver of the jeffersons,and the cast of goodtimes,and thats my mamma oh wher is JAMES J. WATSON JR. HE PLAYED IN MY FAVORITE MOVIE,HALLS OF ANGER WITH CALVIN LOCKHART.

ladyvanaye (ladyvanaye)
4-Laureate
Username: ladyvanaye

Post Number: 161
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 7:19 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As For the Whats Happening crew:
Well LITTLE DEE, Raj's sister is a Animal Doctor now...she used her proceeds to go to school...she looks the same, older...

Ernest - 'Raj' shows up in movies here an there

Fred Berry is dead

'Dwayne' is bald headed now...with that afro, can you believe it? lol...

'Mama' is dead.

'Shirley' is dead

Martin Lawrence, in the latter episodes became a comedic genius."Martin"

Lady Mystique (ladymystique)
6-Zenith
Username: ladymystique

Post Number: 1038
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 7:20 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fred "Rerun" Berry died a couple of years ago. Last time I saw Raj he was on an episode of "Martin" as an African prince who wanted to woo Gina (Tisha Campbell). Shirley Hemphill (sorry for the spelling) and Mabel King has passed on as well. JJ I think still does stand up, Bernadette Stanis was doing Broadway, Michael I think is into real estate, John Amos was in a sitcom for WB not so long ago, and Esther Rolle has passed on. Well...we all know what's up with Janet Jackson and Janet DuBois I think still acts and sings. Clifton Davis has a show on the Bible Network (good show I may add). WHEW! :-)

ladyvanaye (ladyvanaye)
4-Laureate
Username: ladyvanaye

Post Number: 164
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 7:26 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raj was in Malcolm X as well....the brother who was to kill 'Brother Malcolm' at his home in the end...

6-Zenith

Post Number: 1039
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 7:37 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dwayne is bald? Wow! He had a HUGE 'fro too! I had a crush on him...:-)

Also...the guy who played Booker I saw him on a documentary on STARZBET recently about African Americans on TV and I think he was on "227" as well.

SoniT (sonit)
3-Pundit
Username: sonit

Post Number: 52
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 9:21 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love What's Happening! It's one of my favorite shows. I just got Season 2 on DVD. Dee was TOO funny. :-)

1wicked (1wicked)
6-Zenith
Username: 1wicked

Post Number: 493
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 10:31 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lady M:
Johhny Brown ("Nathan Bookman") is one of the most talented guys ever to grace a stage. He did stand-up, was an excellent singer, and was an even better impressionist. I guess the demise of variety shows is one of the reasons he never really got the props he deserved.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 7:41 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SoniT...I didn't know it was out on DVD...there goes my pockets! :-)

1wicked...my bad on the characters name...been a long time. I didn't know he was all that! That's interesting!

1wicked (1wicked)
6-Zenith
Username: 1wicked

Post Number: 495
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 11:27 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lady M.:
It HAS been a long time + Willona & the Evans kids called him some of everything else..."Booger", "Buffalo Butt", etc. (LOL)

Nosey (nosey)
6-Zenith
Username: nosey

Post Number: 501
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 12:31 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1wicked: what about the alderman who called Willona everything but Willona! LOL!

dvdmike (dvdmike)
6-Zenith
Username: dvdmike

Post Number: 552
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 12:56 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnny "Bookman" Brown's daughter Sharon is also an actress and singer. She on an episode of "Good Times" as a girl in a wheelchair who was a CB buddy of Michael. And on an episode of "A Different World" where she played a singer competing for a spot to be a backup singer for Gladys Knight. Whitley and Jaleesa tied her up when she got on their last nerve.

Dwayne Thomas did a few guest spots on "Soul Food" as a police detective.

6-Zenith

Post Number: 1101
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:16 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1wicked...I guess I join the ranks! LOL

dvdmike...Soul Food which season? I never saw the show and feel as if I missed out! :-)

Charise (mistrivia1)
6-Zenith
Username: mistrivia1

Post Number: 973
Posted on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 11:04 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DVDMike: I remember that episode on Good Times and A Different World. Her name was Fun Girl on Good Times-LOL. I would definitely call you Mistertrivia-LOL:-):-):-):-)

Don (don)
6-Zenith
Username: don

Post Number: 1117
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 10:34 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those we're the good ole days of good clean and wholesome television. Some of not all shows just don't have that umph, though I understand what todays generation percieves supposedly?

moonbeam (moonbeam)
6-Zenith
Username: moonbeam

Post Number: 453
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 2:45 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

any one know where actress BERLINDA TOLBERT, AND MICHAEL EVANS FROM THE JEFFERSONS ARE. AND MICHAEL EVANS HAD A BROTHER NAMED THOMAS EVANS,WHO PLAYED IN A T.V. MOVIE CALLED TROUBLE COMES TO TOWN.IT CAME OUT IN THE 70S.

catwoman55 (catwoman55)
1-Arriviste
Username: catwoman55

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 3:48 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw Berlinda Tolbert in a guest-starring role in "Half & Half" last year, as well as Bernadette Stanis in "Girlfriends".

6-Zenith

Post Number: 1207
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 6:19 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dvdmike...I remember that episode in A DIFFERENT WORLD when Sharon was on that show as the singer...that girl could SANG!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.